Chapter 3

"Rashta..." Sovieshu said, as he hugged her while she cried.

"Prince Heinrey said he won't dance with me...I have no one to dance with." She said, tears streaming down.

"Unbelievable, in front of the empress too." Delilah whispered, as everyone started whispering and murmuring things about them.

Lilliana glare at a group of young ladies that were secretly mocking Navier. When they notice it, the immediately avoid her icy gaze with a terrified expression. Her stern face targeted at them, as she raised an eyebrow, daring for one of them to repeat their actions. She then notice the pained expression on Navier before walking up to her.

"Empress Navier, how about we take a moment outside?" She asks, as Navier sadly smiled.

"Of course." She replied. 'She must have noticed how upset I felt, I'm thankful she thought of me.'

The two empress's then walk out of the ballroom and into the hallway. As they walked, they heard another pair of feet, causing them to stop and looked behind to see Heinrey

"Prince Heinrey, what a surprise to see you." Lilliana said. "Were you perhaps following us?"

"Oh, the palace is so big, I was merely concerned that you both might lose your way..." Heinrey said, before muttering. "And it's so dark too..."

Navier and Lilliana simply stare at him, blankly, as he turned his gaze towards Navier.

"...Are you okay?" He asks, as she smiled.

"I'm fine." She replied, as she opened her bedroom door. "...Thank you both for accompanying me, good night."

She shut's the door as Lilliana look at Heinrey.

"I know what you're thinking..." She said, as he look at her in shock, but she simply smiled. "Go to her."

Heinrey quickly smiled and nodded, as he went to a window and changed into a golden eagle.

'I'm glad Heinrey is helping Navier during these troubled times, I must say, they would make a wonderful couple.' She thought, smiling.

~~~

"Goodness! I would never expect the emperor to run into that woman's arms in front of the entire ballroom!" Ashlynn exclaimed, as she and the other ladies-in-waiting sit down with Lilliana, discussing what happened.

"How despicable!" Naomi agrees.

"It was certainly a sight that cause so many to wonder such ridiculous things." Lilliana said, as she is currently writing a letter.

"Poor Empress Navier, she had known His Majesty her entire childhood, and for him to just toss it away just for a woman like her." Delilah frowned.

"Is there anything we could do for her, Your Majesty?" Naomi asks.

"I'm afraid not, this isn't our matter for us to get ourselves deal with." Lillaian sighs, as she finished writing her letter.

Dear Kosair,

I am writing this in hopes that you are doing well, it has been a few days since our last letter. I have been worried, wondering if you are alright, I understand you are currently busy with the trading business I ask you take care of, but I hope you will reply. Navier has invited me to the New Year's Ceremony, as of now, I am currently in your homeland, I hope you will be able to reply soon.