Chapter 13: Tale as old as time

"Alright Itto, this is the night!" Talia announced, Itto looked at her with a nervous expression "I don't think I can do this" he said in a shaky voice "Don't Chicken out of this, you" Quiana scolded. Talia nodded "Besides, the flower is close to being completely wilted so this needs to happen tonight" Talia informed sternly.

Itto nodded and straighten his back with a deep breath. Here and there, they prepped up Itto, fancying him up for the night. Talia and Quiana took a look at Itto, then at each other and nodded "You look good" Talia complimented, Quiana nodded again "Agreed"

Thoma then appeared in the room "You're lady awaits" he announced. Shelby is then seen walking out of a room and reveals to be in a dusty lavender gown, Itto walks out his own room and reveals himself in a blue suit (you know the one). They approached each other with a smile, Shelby curtsied and Itto bowed. Itto offered his arm and Shelby happily took it, then they began to walk down the hallway.

On a table, they eat their food together. Then Shelby got an idea, she stood up, walked up to Itto and held his hands "Shall you and I dance?" She said with a smile. Itto blushed at the idea "Huh?! Y-you sure?" He stuttered out, Shelby giggled at his reaction and nodded. He stood up, they locked arms and made their way to the bathroom.

They stood at the center of the ballroom. They look at each other in the eyes, Shelby held Ittos hand, he place his other hand around her waist, they look at each other in the eyes again, and began moving to the melody together.

Tale as old as time
True as it can be
Barely even friends
Then somebody bends
Unexpectedly
Just a little change
Small to say the least
Both a little scared
Neither one prepared
Beauty and the beast
Ever just the same
Ever a surprise
Ever as before
Ever just as sure
As the sun will rise
Tale as old as time
Tune as old as song
Bittersweet and strange
Finding you can change
Learning you were wrong
Certain as the sun
Rising in the east
Tale as old as time
Song as old as rhyme
Beauty and the beast
Tale as old as time
Song as old as rhyme
Beauty and the Beast

Once Shelby and Itto finished the dance in the ballroom, Itto guided her outside to the balcony, Itto sat on the edge of the balcony. Shelby looked at him curiously with a small head tilt, Itto turned to look at her with a soft smile. He pat beside him wanting Shelby to sit next him, she smiled and then sat beside him.

They both looked at the stars together, Shelby looked down and saw that her hand was close to Ittos, she moves her pinky to touch his but he immediately jerks back once she does. She took it as a hint and moved her hand back. But to her surprise she felt him move back and hold her hand, now their hands are locked together while they watched the stars.

Itto looked at her, his smile immediately faltered when he noticed that Shelby looked a little saddened "Is there something wrong?" He asked, Shelby looked at him in the eyes "I just... miss my sister. I would be lying if I said I didn't wish to see her again" she confessed.

Ittos mind wandered for a moment, then he lit up "I might know a way" he said softly. Shelby became curious, Itto then began to lead her somewhere.

In the west wing, Itto held up a mirror "Ask what you wish to see and this mirror will show you" he explained and then handed Shelby the mirror. She took the mirror in hand and looked at it "Show me Shenhe, please" the mirror flashed and revealed....

Shenhe being ambushed and attacked, "Shenhe! She's in trouble!" Shelby shouted. Itto now was concerned hearing her worries "She's getting hurt. And she's alone!" Shelby spoke again. Itto looked at the nearly wilted flower, he then looked at himself seeing that he looks like a complete oni.

He's on the verge of tears but he used everything in his power to say "You should get to her then" Shelby took a moment but then looked at him in realization "What?" It hurt Itto to say this "I release you. You are free to go" Shelby was shocked "I really can go?" She asked, Itto only nodded, she then smiled "Thank you, Hang in Shenhe I'm on my way" she offered the mirror back to Itto but he pushed it back to her "Keep it with you. That way you can look back and remember me" he said as he brushed his fingers to tuck a strand of hair behind her ear.

Shelby smiled once again, she leaned in and gently kissed his cheek "Thank you so much" and then she left. Thoma, Quiana, and Talia enter the room "Well, that turned out really well. Don't you agree?" Talia said happily "I let her go" Itto announced sorrowfully.

"What?!" They all shout at the same time "Why did you do that?" Thoma asked in shock "I had to" Itto mumbled "Yeah, but why?" Quiana chimed in. "Because I...." Itto placed his hand on his chest, he could feel his heart beat rapidly ".....I love her" he says through small tears.

The three all widened their eyes in shock "Leave me be for now please" Itto requested. The 3 obliged and left the room leaving Itto alone.

I was the one who had it all
I was the master of my fate
I never needed anybody in my life
I learned the truth too late
I'll never shake away the pain
I close my eyes, but she's still there
I let her steal into my melancholy heart
It's more than I can bear
Now I know she'll never leave me
Even as she runs away
She will still torment me, calm me, hurt me
Move me, come what may
Wasting in my lonely tower
Waiting by an open door
I'll fool myself, she'll walk right in
And be with me for evermore
I rage against the trials of love
I curse the fading of the light
Though she's already flown so far beyond my reach
She's never out of sight
Now I know she'll never leave me
Even as she fades from view
She will still inspire me
Be a part of everything I do
Wasting in my lonely tower
Waiting by an open door
I'll fool myself, she'll walk right in
And as the long, long nights begin
I'll think of all that might have been
Waiting here for evermore