PHI- i know what you did last summer- j.t. realmuto

Y/N POV
  i live in atlanta, georgia, and i love baseball, so i tend to go to the braves games... a lot. i love my long distance boyfriend, j.t. he's just a lot sometimes, and he's really overprotective. don't get me wrong i love how he cares for me, i just feel like he's a little controlling.
                                    J.T. POV
  we are going to atlanta for a road trip. i finally get to see my girlfriend of almost 1 year. i love her a lot and i think she loves me too, but i think her heart is stuck on something (or someone) else. i really hope that's just not the case. i want to surprise her by taking her out on a nice date for the off day.
j.t. 🫶💗- hey, sweet heart! i miss you so much. you probably already figured out that we're coming to atl. i cant wait to see you! ❤️⚾️

y/n ❤️❤️❤️-  yeah i did figure it out, i'm so excited to see you, baby!! we should go out to eat tonight. i'll see you soon 😘😘

  i smiled at my phone from my girlfriend's texts. my happiness was fading because i remembered what i knew. i still cant believe what she did last summer (or what i think she did). i have to confront her tonight at dinner just to make sure.
                                -TIME SKIP-
                                    Y/N POV
  i got dressed in my nicest dress for j.t. 'gosh, i've got it bad for that man.' i thought to myself, as i put on my heels. i knew they wouldn't do much to the difference in height. he was so tall compared to me.
  as i walked into the restaurant i saw my blue eyed boyfriend sitting in a booth. "hey, mr. realmuto." i said walking up to him.
  "hey, mrs. realmuto." he said with a smirk. i hit his arm playfully and sat down. "so, i hate to do this,but we need to talk," he started, i felt my smile fade slowly and my heart drop through the floor. "i'm gonna cut to the chase because, you know, that's how i am. i feel like your cheating on me, with dansby swanson.
  "what? why would you ever think that." responding guiltily with watery eyes.
  "because, i know what you did last summer." as i heard that sentence my heart stopped.
  "i can PROMISE you that didn't mean anything. sometimes a kiss is just a kiss. it was like an impulsive kiss, or something. i love you j.t. you know that, i know that, and he knows that. nothing would ever happen between us again. i love YOU jacob tyler realmuto, not dansby. i'm so sorry. that never should have happened, and it will never ever happen again i can assure you." i confessed standing up, and pulling him into a hug.
  "i love you too." is all that he responded with.
                                   -TIME SKIP-
  i was at the game seeing my boyfriend play. he was all tensed up. so, he didn't hit well at all. i knew why he was playing bad too. that's what hurt the most. my boyfriend, that i love very much, is playing awful because of me. when dansby got up they quick pitched him, only throwing inside. it was a 3-0 count. i saw the ball leave the pitchers hand, and i knew it was going to hit dansby. it nailed him right in the side of the head. he fell to the ground. even though j.t. probably called the pitch, he threw off his mask and acted like he cared.
                                   -TIME SKIP-
i was waiting for j.t. after the game. as i watched him walk out of the locker room i asked, "j.t. realmuto why do you do that. i know you hit him on purpose."
  "why do you care? i thought you said you didn't care about him." he shrugged.
  "i care about him as a friend, not romantically. he got spiked with a fastball going about 90 mph, in the head. i know that it hurts because i used to play, and it hurt really badly. he probably has a concussion. i'm scared for you now. they could remember that. they could have seen you call the pitch. they could hit you harder. i don't want to see you hurt, j.t." i scolded, "i just-"  he cut me off before i could finish my sentence. the intimate kiss he gave me shut me up real quick. he slipped his hand into mine as we walked back to the car, neither of us speaking about the incident.