Chapter 3: The days before the match...

DAY 3: TRAINING ROOM

-3rd POV-

Team Z was gathered in the training room, engaging in weightlifting exercises. At the bottom of the barrel was Igarashi, with Isagi Yoichi not far behind. Meanwhile, Izuku Midoriya effortlessly lifted the weights, seemingly capable of doing so all day.

BEEP! A sound rang out, and the monitor screen changed to display "RUNNING TEST."

Isagi and Igarashi stepped onto the treadmills. Igarashi appeared to be barely hanging on, struggling for every breath. Raichi let out a mocking roar, "Isagi! Igaguri! How can you talk about becoming the world's greatest striker looking like that? You mere mortals should go home before I make you cry!"

"Shut up!" Isagi huffed, determined to stay focused on the task at hand. Igarashi didn't even bother to reply; overwhelmed by nausea, he vomited and fell off the machine. Isagi glanced to his side and saw Izuku still running at 20 kmph, as if it were child's play for him.

Isagi eventually stepped off the treadmill, hunching over and panting. A long-haired boy named Kuon, who had been introduced earlier, slowly approached him. He held out a bottle and asked, "Isagi, do you want some water?"

"Thanks, Kuon," Isagi gasped, trying to calm himself down. The words "JUMPING TEST" flickered on the screen. "Ready, go!" Isagi and Kuon jumped simultaneously.

Kuon - 68cm

Isagi - 60cm

Isagi was taken aback. "Oh, hell. This guy's super athletic too," he thought to himself, comparing himself to others. Kuon also noticed the difference and asked, "Isagi, are you not at your best today?" Isagi stumbled to find a reply, realizing that he had achieved his best score. Especially when he compared himself to Midoriya, while others excelled in one or two aspects, Midoriya surpassed everyone with his remarkable stamina, running the longest and jumping about 85cm.

BUILDING 5: CAFETERIA

In the cafeteria, rice and miso soup were served to everyone, but the side dish varied based on their rankings. Isagi's face contorted in hilarious disgust as he laid eyes on the natto on his plate. "Huh, natto. Must be nice," commented Igarashi as he sat down next to Isagi. Longingly, he gazed at his own pickled radish, reminiscing about the delicious food he had eaten before. "Chin up, Igaguri," Isagi said sympathetically, understanding that anything was better than pickled radish. "I'm jealous of those higher-ranked guys," Igaguri remarked, glancing towards Gagamaru. He pointed at Gagamaru's plate and continued, "I mean, just look at what they're eating."

Gagamaru poured a shiny sauce over golden-brown fried dumplings. "Seriously? Man, that looks tasty!" Igarashi called out, filled with envy. Gagamaru grabbed a dumpling with his bare hand and stuffed it into his mouth, munching loudly. Crumbs flew everywhere, some landing around his mouth.

"Is he a caveman?" Igarashi wondered aloud. Suddenly, a hand patted Gagamaru's shoulder. As he turned to look at the person who interrupted, Naruhaya swiftly darted to the side, holding one of the prized dumplings. "I'm stealing your dumpling!" Naruhaya exclaimed, laughing mischievously as he stuffed it into his mouth. "Hey, pipsqueak, give it back!" Gagamaru shouted, jumping off his chair and chasing after Naruhaya, who quickly fled.

Igarashi hovered protectively over his food. "Isagi, quickly hide your food!" Igaguri exclaimed, gesturing for Isagi to do the same. "Nah, they wouldn't want ours," Isagi replied with a sweatdrop. He gazed longingly at Izuku's plate, particularly eyeing the gyoza.

Few hours later – TEAM Z SLEEPING CHAMBER

The lights were off, and the players were all in their futons, fast asleep. Igarashi, wearing only boxer shorts, had sprawled on top of Isagi. Upon closer inspection, one of the futons was empty, and Isagi was still awake. He abruptly got up, quietly leaving the room and making his way somewhere.