Chapter nine

Last Chapter-3 Months Later

Living in Connecticut means the deal is four different seasons. Its November and its the 4th blizzard so far this year. Whenever I look out the window,I think of Snuffles. I still get upset when I think about it even though its been a while since its happened.

"Mom!" I keep looking out the window because I'm sure I saw something I wasn't supposed to see. She came into my room. "Whats wrong hon?" I flinched for a second as I looked over to her."I saw them again. I swear, I did. Really." She walked over to the window. No doubt she rolled her eyes because that was the fripple thousandth time I told her I saw my best friend.

I saw her again, this time with Snuffles. Snuffles died that night too, so I know that if I see Isabelle, I see Snuffles."Mom, don't you see her? You do see them, right?" She put her hands in her lap as she sat down . "Honey, I know its hard, but, they're gone. There is nothing you can do about it."

She wiped a tear off my eye. "Now, if you hav'nt realized, It's your brothers birthday, so lets go get some ice cream." We left our house and had a great time. I tried my best not to think about Isabelle and Snuffles. As we walked out of Carvel, I saw my other friend Evelyn. Ever since then, she was the friend I knew that took my mind away from all the rotten thoughts in my head. I was glad to get rid of it.