Chapter 1: The Warmth of Embrace In A Feverish Night

The somnolent, unpleasant ambiance was surrounding the dimly lit bedroom, but a faded ray of sunlight illuminating from the windowpane somehow managed to diminish the lack of lighting. Lessening the gloomy vibes a tad bit. As if it wasn't any more obvious, a heavy weather is currently occurring to this day. Trickles of raindrops could be heard pitter-pattering just right outside. Through the window, was an overcast blocking what was once a clear, blue sky. Nonetheless, the rainfall was at least comforting in a way despite its harshness. Some people may say.

Suddenly, a strident sneeze echoed through the bedroom briefly, interrupting the dull silence (aside from the rain). A few harsh sniffles followed along afterward.

How could he be so careless about himself?  Was the Guest's first thought that came to mind.

He sat at the edge of the bed where a shivering, amber-skinned boy was laying atop. The said boy buried himself deeper into the soft mattress while desperately clutching onto the thin blanket—depending his entire life on it—trying to absorb as much warmth as possible. However, the effort eventually proved futile much to the unwell boy's dismay. A concerned look was plastered across the Guest's face at the poor sight of his best friend. He reluctantly leaned forward over him, his ghostly pale hand then reached over the boy's forehead, damping with sweat, as if to check his temperature but abruptly pulled his hand away as soon as he felt the burning sensation.

The once carefree, airheaded boy, Noob, had fallen into a vulnerable state after he deliberately decided to walk home from a shift at Builder Brothers Pizza without absolutely anything to prevent him from getting drenched in rain. Although Guest warned him about the upcoming weather way earlier, he even let him borrow his spare jacket and umbrella! Not to mention, they don't even own a car to travel wherever apparently. Guest was entirely convinced he had an inability of critical thinking at this point. Of course, he didn't mean it negatively. It's like a part of Noob's charm that makes him, so him even if sometimes he lacked brain cells. However, Noob needed to be more cautious at any time. He'd been always unaware of his surroundings as if he'd get easily distracted by a butterfly flying in his direction.

Noob's half-lidded eyes which were previously shut tightly from the discomforting breeze then gazed at the Guest. A reddish tint complimented his drowsy yellow face caused by the fever, Guest had noticed.

"Guest?" Noob asked, his voice coming off hoarse from the sickness.

(You got yourself sick), Guest signed.

Noob took a second to process the words before he let out a clogged chuckle, an unamused mute glaring at him back.

(Because you didn't listen to me.)

"'orry... not think wah' that bad..." Noob slurred his words. Guest shook his head and stood up from the bed.

"Where you goin'?" Noob suddenly sits up as well, but soon felt fatigued by the action as his feeble body urges him to lie back down. Making him slightly more lightheaded than before. Yet, he was gently pushed down by a pair of familiar, assuring hands resting on his shoulders.

(Stay, I get something.) Noob seemed to listen with his brain this time, thankfully.

Guest wanders over to the drawer that's across the room and pulls it open. Taking a folded, clean, white hand towel that was perched amongst the stowed clothing inside. Then pushing the drawer closed. And so he disappeared through the doorway, leaving his ailing roommate alone in the desolate bedroom. Noob, not knowing what to do at this moment, bore his eyes onto the beige wall as he awaits.

After what felt like a few minutes, Guest finally appeared at the entrance. He was holding the exact small towel but seemingly damp. He sat down on the bed again, and set the fabric upon Noob's forehead delicately. To which the lying boy reacted to the chilly fabric with a harsh shiver.