You're Mine

I wake up to the feeling of an itchy nose. I itch my nose, and it was definitely dry. I stretch, letting out a long yawn. As my limbs stretched, I bumped something in my makeshift bed in this barren land.

I opened an eye, rubbing it since the sand didn't help my vision. I force them to focus to see someone wrapped in a bright red coat. I beam with joy. This was the man I was looking for. The man with a hefty bounty, The Humanoid Typhoon, Vash The Stampede. He's crossed my path only once before, so my intel was right. But why was he here?

I pull out my camera, taking pictures of his calm features. It's not every day that you get the chance to see him this close. I put my camera away and lightly shake him and whisper.

"Oi. Vash. Wake up."

His eyes flutter and look to me. He sits up quickly.

"Sorry. It was very cold last night, and there was no other refuge for miles... I tried to wake you, but you wouldn't budge."

I smile, "It's no problem. Want something to eat?"

He perks up and nods quickly. As I cook, he stares intensely. I make the meal, and once I hand it to him, he scarves it down with a big grin.

"You're a lifesaver... um."

"[F/N]."

"[F/N]. Right. You look very familiar and I am having trouble placing where we've met. Well, I should probably get out of your hair."

He fixes his clothes and is trying to leave quickly. I point to my vehicle.

"Need a lift?"

He plops his bag down, getting on his knees.

"It would be a major help [F/N]. I promise to be on my best behavior and make no trouble. You truly are a lifesaver, a bona-fide blessing, really."

He smiled in a way that was almost flirtatious with a chuckle that would make anyone blush... just like the stories I've heard.

He helps gather my supplies into the vehicle, and he puts his bag in the back. We traveled at a safe speed through the barren land. He brought up a conversation.

"So why are you traveling alone? It can be dangerous out here."

I playfully retort, "What, do I need protection?"

He points to himself, "Of course I could be your bodyguard and at a fair price. People run in groups out here, and I'd hate to see you get hurt."

I chuckle "Maybe...then maybe you'll learn where you know me from."

"Exactly. You really should hire me, I can be intimidating to others."

"So I've heard...A man with a bounty as my bodyguard. Oh, what would my mother think?"

"I'm sure she would be happy that you're safe."

"I suppose."

Things were quiet, and I would glance at him from time to time. He seemed nice enough but still kept his cards to his chest. Once we made it to his destination, I filled up on gas.

I wanted him to stick around. I had many questions to ask. But I'm not one to force people to stay. I pat his shoulder.

"Well I hope you get where you're going in one piece."

He looked nervous, and his eyes were pleading.

"Could I...ask one more favor?"

I look over, "What do you need?"

"Are you staying here tonight?"

I look at the setting sun. I nod, and he continues,

"Could I crash with you for a night. I'm really in a stretch for cash. I promise that I won't be in your way."