2. When Winter Awakens

A/N: The song Gun's listening to:
"Meditation" by Greentea Peng
Good reading!

6:40 a.m.

I woke up sooner than expected today after spending the whole night practicing for HOT WAVE.
A music contest my band and I decided to join because it could give us the exposure we need to network with successful musicians, and have opportunities to perform at many events. And also, because of the prize, of course, a paid trip to America, to visit the first recording studio (in New Jersey).

Music is my beloved

Sensi is my beloved, you can

Judge me, but you can't stop it

My meditation -

My morning routine consists of walking to my department (my condo is not far from the university), buying some breakfast and starting the day, full and refreshed.

I like listening to some music before school too. It relaxes me. I can't help but hum along the music playing in my headphones.

I can feel you clearly, I, I

Power's running through me, feeling

Source again, love only

Meditation -

I removed one of my headphones to talk to the street food lady.

"Sawasdee khrab Phi, can I have 4 grilled pork skewers with sticky rice please?"

"Okay na" answered the lady, she then handed me my order and smiled. "Study well and stay cool kha!"

7:00 a.m.

I checked my phone. I still have an hour before the first period starts.

I headed toward the marble tables located between the cafeteria and my department. I sat at my usual place, under a big tree. I always wondered how a tree this big appeared here. I once asked my homeroom teacher, Khru Asra, but he told me a made-up story about how the tree came from the tear of a weeping woman, mourning the death of her late lover. He committed suicide. 'So sad...' I sighed.

Few people come here because they think it's too cold, and it looks shady. Well I find it okay, even romantic. Tragic, cold, but still romantic.

Tune in and I'm zoning

Sensimilia help me zone in

Feel my heart and it's wide open

Meditation

My meditation

My meditation

My meditation

I put my breakfast on the table and checked the group chat to see where my friends were. As I read the texts, I can't help but laugh at how unserious they are most of the time. Classes are about to start and only Por is nearby.

I take my second pork skewer, and eat it.

"We have like a hundred things to do today, let alone our practice after class that will last an eternity. HOT WAVE is getting close guys! Move your asses or I'll do it for you!" I told them in a voice note.

"Hey! What are you eating? Keep some for me, I'm not far. I'll be here in 20 minutes!" Wrote Sound.

'Too late', I thought 'I only have 2 left and I'm sure Por will take on-'

"Hey Gun!" screamed Por joyfully, interrupting my thought process, while taking one skewer and shoving it in his mouth.

"What are you doing here this early? You usually come to class 10 minutes after the bell rings."

"I couldn't sleep that much last night, so I practiced and accidentally woke up earlier today... and here I am" I said.

He took the last skewer.

"It's so good! You should tell the street food lady that I am grateful for her service. She's been feeding me -through you- during these past 2 years. I feel so strong!" Por said while taking the remaining waste and put it in the trash.

I laughed. Every time I buy food from her, he tells me the same thing.

The bell rang.

8:00 a.m.

We got up and walked to the auditorium. The other guys from the band barged in as soon as the teacher started speaking.

I took my pencil case out of my bag, and opened it to take a pen for my class. It is a medium black vinyl pencil case, it feels soft to the touch but rough when I scratch it with my fingernails when I'm feeling stressed. It has white scriptures saying I think about you on it, and a drawing of a mad but confused face with tiny arms wrapped around it, as if it's hugging something. I found it cute, so I immediately bought it. That day, I went home and attached my Chinzhilla keychain to the case. It looked good.

I don't necessarily have a lot of pens, let alone pencils, but it just felt natural for me to have it. Fortunately the lesson ended on a good note and the teacher decided not to grade the last quiz, because I quote . 'Only 2 out of 30 people passed and it won't look good for me if I report it to the administration.' I'm glad he knew that students failing a test was not the students' fault!

11:00 a.m.

During lunch, I had to drag the band to my marble sit by the tree. Drag because they are scaredy scats and don't like the "gloomy" feeling. We ate, discussed, laughed and talked a bit about the afternoon classes.

It was around 12:15 p.m. when we stood up, threw away the waste and got to our next classes.

As always, I sat down, took my books out, then my pencil case. Weird... it looks different somehow.

"Shit! I lost my Chinzhilla key chain!" I hissed.

"Are you sure it's not in your bag? Check it again, maybe the ring was loose or something." Por suggested.

"No, I don't think so, I actually changed it because I was afraid of losing it."

"Or maybe it fell down at your gloomy place and some spirit took it to haunt you tonight?"

"Ah ah ah, funny. But after the classes, I think I'm going to stop by, just in case I lost it there..."

I redirected my attention to my professor, partially. I couldn't stop thinking about a ghost coming into my room, just to give me back my keychain.... creepy.