3. No Way It's Happening, Right?

A/N: the song Gun's is listening to is <Dare by Gorillaz>... Enjoy~

Tinn's recent founding left him perplexed. He did not understand how this rat keychain suddenly appeared without him noticing the shiny little object when he had literally been spending more than 20 minutes there, under the hot sun.
'It could have fallen down the tree?' he thought. But this was impossible. It is not like there were people living in the branches. He rose slightly from his lying position and was now half-sitting down. Examining it. Tinn looked closer at the keychain and felt in his hand, an intense sensation, like a shock. It almost felt like it burned, but not really. More like it reversed burned?

His alarm rang. He had around 5 minutes to come back from his lunch break. He put the keychain inside his left pocket and his phone in his right one, got up, and walked to his office.

1:04 p.m.

"Time moves faster than you imagined when you walk in hellish weather."

Covered in sweat, he went straight to his office's bathroom to refresh himself before finishing his day. He went back to his desk and turned on his computer. He was just an intern, but he felt as if he were a full-time employee. His responsibilities were greater than what was written in his contract. But he didn't complain when a task was assigned to him because "It will look good on my resume" Tinn repeated often.

"P'Tinn, where were you? I thought we would eat together today, as you promised." Tinn was suddenly pulled out of his reverie when his junior, Kajorn, spoke up.

"Oh really? Did I?"

"Yes! I mean, no, you didn't actually promise, but you said next time we would eat together, and I just assumed you meant today-"

"I'm very sorry, nong, I just needed to get some fresh air today; it felt hotter than usual and I felt like it, but I promise, next time, we will. Just remind me in advance, okay?"

"khrab!" Kajorn said, putting his hand up to his forehead like a serviceman.

"I am not paying you to chitchat, boys; get back to work," their supervisor, Cher, said as he exited—more like ran toward the exit—the office, briefcase in hand.

Kajorn spun his rolling chair back to his desk and began to work.

Tinn, on the other hand, could not concentrate at all. His mind was far away; he was not thinking right because of the keychain he put earlier inside his left pocket.

The rest of the day went by without any more hurdles. He did his best and finished work at 5 p.m. when he went home. There, Tinn helped his mom with dinner, waited for his dad, and ate around 7 p.m.

After dinner, he went upstairs to his bedroom, took the keychain out of his left pocket, and placed it by his bedside. It started raining. He closed his windows and went to bed, anticipating his day with a rat in mind.

________

1:00 p.m.

Gun on the other hand, was a mess. His keychain suddenly disappeared. And he did his best to focus on his current lecture, but between the ghost, his loss, and the buzzing sound on his table (because his friends also, for whatever reasons, were not paying attention and kept spamming the group chat), he just could not.

The first period ended after an hour and a half. He wanted to go on a bathroom break so he could look for his keychain sooner, but the next professor had different plans. Quiz plan, to be exact. Thankfully, he was an average student. Which means he could answer half of the questions.

4:10 p.m.

Gun hastily emptied his table, stuffed everything inside his bag, and went straight to the marble tables.