Emma's pov

I wake up in the truck bed of Cole's dark red jeep. I feel dried blood on my shirt, and wince in pain as I investigate a stab wound on my leg. I pick myself up, and stand up.
"Ah!" I scream as I fall off the truckbed, into a heap of jackets.
"You okay?" Cole asks, running over and helping me up.
"I'm fine. Good morning!" I exclaim, rubbing my hands on my sparkly jeans.
"Hi!" Abby calls out from a couple feet away, as she takes a puke green tent down.
"What happened to my leg?" I ask, sipping gas station coffee from a styrofoam cup with a red jumble of words on it.
"You got stabbed by a gorgon last night while you were asleep." Cole says while climbing into the truck and turning it on. His red jacket rests on the ground beside me. I pick it up, and pull my sand filled shoes on. I walk over to a hole, and dump the white sand onto the mossy ground, before I slide them on, and dash to the truck.
"I got the tent packed up!" Abby says, and skips past me to climb into the truck.
"Cmon, we don't have all day! Get in!''
Cole calls while I grab the blanket I was sleeping on in the truck bed, and I hop into the dirt-sprinkled jeep. We all buckle up, and the car starts moving. For the next hour, me and Abby read our novels, while Cole drives us to our destination, Camp Halfblood.
As Cole stops the car, I get thrown into Abby, her head crashing into the half open window.
"You don't have to drive so freaking fast! We're trying to stay hidden, but with how fast you drive, we might as well be trying to get arrested!" Abby rolls her eyes and closes her copy of "Inner life of cats" , and I push my copy of Breaking Dawn into my backpack. "Would you rather be dead, or just pay a few hundred dollars?" Cole asks, glancing at his sheath.
"Geez, I was just pointing that out." Abby grumbles, and gets out of the truck.
"Guys, stop! If we are going to survive, we have to stop arguing every 5 seconds!" I pull my backpack off of the ground near the truck, and slide it on. We walk into what looks like an abandoned fast food joint, and carefully tiptoe in.
"Are you sure this is safe?" I whisper as we slowly go around, seeing if it is safe.
"I'm not sure." Abby says in a hushed tone, and a guy with a crusty apron walks out through a doorway surrounded by neon blue Led lights.
"Uh, hi! What brings you to piedra's pizza?" I jump as he speaks, and scream
"Who are you?"
I hope you enjoyed the first chapter! If you have any ideas put them in the comments below! Have a good day!