Stealing the Show

"Hi, Miss. Abby!" I smiled as I stepped into the studio.

"Hi, baby! You did so good last week!" She gives me a BIG hug and I feel like I'm suffocating!

"So, last week we had a perfect score, yes? Well this week, I decided to give you two solos instead of one. That way, we could cover two different styles in one week "Miss. Abby explains.

Two solos? Wow! That's going to be soooooooooo cool! I just hope the other girls don't get too upset.

We head into studio b for pyramid. I take a seat on the floor next to Maddie and Paige.

"Okay, girls! Last week, I pulled the group dance due to behavior issues. So most of you did not get the chance to dance, and I'm really sorry for that. The reason it was pulled is Brooke, who is obviously at the bottom. Then we have Nia. You didn't stand out to me in class. Next is Maddie. You need to step it up. I get that your only eight, but you know what? Alison is also eight, and she just got a perfect score. Do better." Abby gets really frustrated towards the end of the bottom row, and begins taking it out on Maddie.

"I hate when Abby compares me to Alison because we are two VERY different people and like, she obviously favors Alison all the time. If she actually gave me the chance, I know I could beat her in a heartbeat." Maddie says in an interview.

"Then there's Paige. You know, you're Welcome improving a lot. Keep it up. Then, we have Chloe. You look good, you're doing good, so why didn't you win? Oh, right. It's because there's a little kid that is better than you. On top, of course, we have Ali. Great job, baby! It is extremely rare to get a perfect score in a competition, nevermind to get it at the age of eight! Keep it up!" Abby praises and I can't help but grin.

"Everyone will be doing a solo by default." We all smile excitedly at each other.

"However, Alison will have two solos as a reward for that perfect score. There will also be no group dance. Let's begin, yes?" We all spread out and start stretching.

My first solo is going to be an acro solo. It's very challenging, even though it seems easy.

After about 20 minutes, Melissa stomps into the room, slamming the door behind her.

"Abby, can I talk to you?" She shakes her head as I finish the combo we were working on.

"Not now. I'm busy with Ali, if you can't tell." She brushes off Melissa.

"Maddie is very upset. Why can't she get two solos? You know for a fact that Mad is better than any other girl here. So why can't you show it?" She starts to yell.

"Are you joking? When has that kid EVER gotten a perfect score? Ali dances circles around her. Alison steals the show, unlike your BRAT!" Abby screeches.

I can't even help it. I start crying.  No, not even crying. I begin sobbing.

The screaming doesn't stop, it only gets worse. Christi rushes into the room and picks me up off the floor. She carries me to a quite room with no one else.

"I'm so sorry, Ali. You didn't deserve that. Are you okay?" She asks. I nod.

"Where's my mommy?" I manage to get out.

"On the phone with daddy, sweetheart. She will be here soon enough." She gives me a tight hug that seems to last a century.

I love it.

"Princess? Oh, goodness. What happened?" My mommy rushes into the little room, sitting beside me.

"Melissa started yelling. She said Maddie's a lot better than me. I'm fine if she is, I just thought it was not nice." I start wiping my tears.

"It doesn't matter who's better, princess. Who's your biggest competitor?" She asks.

"Me." I can't help but giggle.

"That's right, Ali. Never forget it. Want to try a take two?" Mommy smiles her warm smile at me.

"Yes, please." I grin as Mommy, Christi, and I leave the little room in the dust.

_____________________________________________

The next day, Abby has us all run out solos for each other and the moms.

Brooke went first. She's doing an acro solo entitled 'Break me'. It's very pretty, although I don't think she likes it.

Then Nia does a solo called 'You Do'. It was pretty in a different way. It was just so... different.

Maddie did a tap solo called 'Acapella'. It was really good and very clean. Is she better than me?

Paige did a solo, too. But Abby didn't even say what it was called! ( Couldn't find the title.) It was very sassy, but Paige definitely didn't look comfortable with it.

Chloe did a solo called 'Mother'. I don't get it, though. Her mom is AWESOME.

When it was finally my turn, I started with my ballet solo. It was a Paquita variation. I thought I did it pretty well, honestly.

Next, I did my acro solo, called 'Never Enough'.

"Great job, babe!" Abby cheers at the end.

I think we're ready for competition!

--------________----------__________---------________

"Ali, Chloe, you're on in five!" Miss. Abby yells from her chair. We rush into the wings. And get ready. I'm doing one solo now and one later.

"Next up, we have Alison Montgomery with a Paquita Variation." The announcer calls out.

The entire room goes crazy after my solos. I think I actually did alright!

We get rushed off to awards moments later. I really, really, REALLY hope I win!

"In ninth place, we have Nia with 'You Do'." We all cheer as she goes to get her award.

"In the fifth place, we have Chloe with 'Mother'." We cheer, again, as she gets her award. I wish she had gotten higher, though. I don't want Abby to be mad.

"In third place, we Maddie with 'Acapella'!" Maddie smiles at me as she heads to the front.

"Now, in second place AND first, Alison Montgomery!" He cheers as I run up to the front.

"This young lady won with scores of 296.7 and 299.4!" WOAH!! I can't even believe it!

Wait till Miss. Abby sees me!