Abbygeddon Part One

'Welcome to New York City, baby!' -Ali's interview.

This week, we are competing in NYC, which is so cool! We are also going to the Joffrey audition. I need to work really hard this week and win. No matter what.

We line up for pyramid, and I stand next to Maddie and Chloe.

"Alright, girls. Last week, there was no group dance, but you all still danced. I had a trip that didn't place, which is intolerable, and Chloe forgot her solo. But, thankfully, the Joffrey Ballet scout still liked what he saw, and as you know, we are in New York for the Joffrey Auditions! You girls... what is with these ridiculous outfits? You're going to a ballet audition, dress like it. New York City, girls, this is the big leagues for most of you. Anyone you see on that street could be a dancer or an actor or a casting agent....The competition we will attend, however, will be in New Jersey." We all cheer and jump a bit.

"On the bottom, Paige. Then we have Mackenzie. Girls, the trio didn't place, and I think you two might be the reason. I wasn't impressed. You were sloppy, and you could've done a lot better. Next, Chloe. Forgot the solo. I thought it had potential to win, but you let that slip away." Abby paused.

"Nia. Part of the trio that didn't place. I thought you did good, but is good enough? Next row! Maddie, the duet with Ali was beautiful. Should it have won? Probably. But I wasn't the judge, was I? As for the solo, I thought it was okay. Okay isn't enough."

"Sometimes, Abby is too harsh with my Maddie. She was beautiful. She deserved the crown, title, and the top of the pyramid." -Melissa's interview.

"Then... Alison. The solo was breathtaking. You almost got a perfect score. But, the duet got second, so you need to be held responsible and given room to grow. Yes?" I nod quickly, trying not to look sad. If we look sad on camera, it'll make us look bad.

"On top of the pyramid, Brooke. Yes, Chloe was also in the duet that was won, but she forgot other choreography. You didn't, obviously, so you're on top. Since we didn't do a group dance last week, that duet was like a group dance, and I always tell you that the group comes first."

'Alison needs to get back on top. She won her solo, and she was beautiful. I don't get why She's pushing her so hard.' -Annie's interview.

"This week, we will have two solos and a trio. Maddie, your solo is called In My Heart. It is lyrical and very pretty, so you should win. Chloe will be out other soloist. Your solo is Red Queen. It's dark, it's contemporary, and it's going to be a lot of character, so you need to act."

'Im excited to have another solo this week, because Maddie and I definitely have a better chance when Ali isn't competing.' -Chloe's interview.

"The trio is called 'People Help The People'. It's going to be lyrical with ballet elements and acro elements. Alison, Paige, and . . . Chloe will be in it." Abby pauses as we clap and hug each other quickly. "The group dance is musical theater. 'Hurt Them First.' There will be props, and it will have a Chicago sort of feel to it."

We spread out to get started stretching. I go into a straddle and press my chest to the floor while Paige does back bends beside me.

"It's been months since we did a trio, this is so exciting!" Paige squeals, doing a backbend kick over.

"I know!" Chloe agrees quickly.

'I love getting trios. I used to get trios with Maddie and Chloe, but I think Abby is trying to make Melissa mad, because Maddie hasn't been in trios a lot lately. Last time we were supposed to have a trio, there was so much drama, and like... Maddie got kicked out and... It just wasn't fun.' -Alison's interview.

::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::

Today I have a ballet private with Miss Abby. My mom wanted to make sure that I'm completely prepared for the Joffery auditions, so I have to polish up a bit.

After I finish running through the combo for the 10000000 time, Miss Abby tells me to come closer.

"Now, sweetheart, I know you're probably upset about not having a solo, yes?" She pauses, watching my face as I hesitantly nod. "The reason you don't have one is because you have a lot to focus on. The trio, the group dance, the Joffery auditions... And one extra surprise."

A surprise? "What is it?" I ask, my eyebrows furrowed.

"I'm going to be taking you to your first Broadway show." Abby smiles as I squeal.

"Who else is coming?" I ask eagerly.

"Just you and Maddie." She says simply.

After about two hours, Chloe and Paige get here to work on the trio.

"Allie cat, why are you here early?" Paige asks as I plop down to drink my water.

'Miss Abby told me not to tell anyone about the audition because they'll be jealous. I felt bad lying though... I think they'd understand.' -Alison's interview.

"... Just practicing for the audition." I smile and quickly change the subject. "I hope we get partner work in the trio."

"Seriously! I love when we do lifts." Chloe chimes in.

The trio is lyrical, which is fun. Paige keeps up really well, despite lyrical not being her favorite style.

"Straighten your knee, Chloe! Good, Alison, don't forget to use your face. Paige! Higher on the attitude turns! Girls, come on, those turnouts are atrocious!" Abby yells and groans, pausing the music. "If you want to win, step it up. That was so sloppy. Maddie is dying for a spot in this trio. If you can't get it right, I'll have to replace one of you."

We start again from the beginning at one point, I get to do a big butterfly jump while Chloe and Paige both have their own mini solos. The chaos of that part makes the unity of the next part feel more powerful.

After we finish practicing the trio, Paige and I are dismissed so Chloe can learn her solo.

::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::

I'm sorry this is so short. 😭 My writer's block for this is so awful, I have been putting off finishing this, so I decided to at least give this part. Hopefully I'll have more parts soon. ❤️❤️❤️