Part 1: Nico

It was midday and most of the campers were at the beach. Nico was sitting at a picnic table, alone, winding together several pipe cleaners which were left by the kids who had recently finished their arts and crafts project for the day. He was clearly bored. That was until Will Solace came and sat parallel to him.

"Hello, Nico," Will said to him as he was sitting down.

"Will. How are you?" Nico's words were blunt, which was not helping Will overcome the fear of what he was about to do.

"I'm good, Nico. What about you? How has your day been?" Nico felt warmth in Will's voice, unsure whether it was because his father was the god of the sun or because of the strange feelings toward Will that had recently started arising in him, he decided to keep his replies blunt.

"I'm fine." Will was restrained from talking for a moment.

"What do you want, Will?" Nico finally asked, annoyed by the boy's silence.

Will blushed a deep scarlet and rubbed the back of his neck as he looked down. Will's actions caused Nico to go pink as well.

Will still was not answering, for embarrassment flooded over him. Nico got up and cursed himself for the ideas he had about what Will may have been going to talk to him about. As he began to walk away Will looked up. "Nico," he said under his breath, but Nico ignored him. Tears of many things began to roll down Nico'd face: fear, anxiety, sadness, but most of all disappointment. He was disappointed that he was so obsessed with this boy that he could not even look him in the eyes. But then, all of a sudden, he heard Will begin talking, louder this time. "Nico di Angelo!" he began yelling, "Will you go out with me?!"

Nico slowly turned around shocked by the question. "What did you just say?"

Will exclaimed with even more confidence this time, "Nico di Angelo, will you go on a date with me?!" Nico chuckled and eventually agreed. They then talked for a brief period of time.

"Great," Will said, a smile stretched across his face, "I'll meet you outside your cabin at eight tonight."

"Where are we going?" Nico asked with a slightly confused look on his face.

"You'll see."

Nico smiled back at Will. As the two boys went their separate ways, Nico was sure he saw Will doing a little victory dance out of the corner of his eye. The thought made him laugh until another overtook his mind.

Oh, my gods. What am I going to wear?