A Lawyer and her Ex-Client's Contract

"Mama, where is the red crayon?" A tiny girl asks her mom while she sits on the ground while drawing a picture beside a gorgeous woman's desk.

"It's underneath you." The woman who was just called Mama, didn't bother looking up from her desk as she has many papers sprawled out upon many folders. The brunette, who's hair flows mid way down her back, twirls a purple cased pen between her thumb, index, and middle finger. The small girl moves her small "tush" and behold, the crayon.

"You didn't even look up! How did you do that?!" The tiny girl of hazel hair jumps up and throws her upper half on her mother's lap. The woman continues twirling the pen in her fingers while her other hand occupies her daughters hair that she gently brushes. She doesn't look down. She stares at the broad shouldered man standing two feet away from her desk. His nearly pure black eyes staring back into the woman's chocolate ones. His tan skin is only a slight shade darker than the one at the desk who continues spinning her pen.

"So, who's the father? Who did you settle down with?" The man finally spoke. A voice that once enchanted the latter.

"She's adopted. I haven't settled down yet. What do you want Xavior?" The woman spat out.

"I wanted to see you."

The woman stares back at him with a glare. "Rose, go hang out in the lobby with Ilene. Take your crayons my dear."

"Okay mama!" The small girl, Rose, bounces away from her mother's thigh and hurries to crab her colors and paper before rushing past Xavior and closing the heavy large wooden door behind her.

"Rose.. you named her-"

"No. Coincidentally. My mother thought I was becoming too much of an workaholic and suggested to take in a child. Especially since it was my dream to be a mother with a good job. Now stop dodging the question Xavior, why are you here?"

"I told you, I wanted to see you."

"You know you're talking to someone who knows when you are lying. I dated you for a year and a half. I know when you lie. Besides, it's my job to tell when someone is lying." The woman stands up, barely standing at 5'2 while the other at 6 foot, with the steady clicks of her thick raven black heels, she walks over to her large book case against the wall of her office and guides her fingers across the many spines till she finds the work book she needs. She opens it and scans the pages with her eyes darting from corner to corner.

"Danielle, I-" Xavior looks down and takes a breath. "I need you to help me win a case."

"I knew it was something." Danielle walks back to her desk and sits down, keeping her gaze towards her work. She begins writing on a document with the pen she was previously spinning. "Is it child custody?"

"How did you-"

"I am a Family Lawyer, Xavior. I know you're smart enough to read the name plate on the door. That said, you wouldn't choose my door of random to assist you in a case that's out of my division."

Xavior continues to stare at the ground.

"I thought I made it clear that if you got her pregnant, I didn't want to see you, her, or your kid. So why out of all the lawyers in Riverbrook did you choose me to represent your-"

"Because you're the only one I trust with this!" Xavior finally looks up as his voice bounces on the walls.

"And you think I can trust you? After everything that happened?" Danielle keeps her head on her work as her voice remains calm.

"That's.. why didn't want to choose you of all people. But here I am.."

Danielle sighs as she places her pen down, folds her hands on top of the desk, and finally looks the man back in the eye.