2 | starships by nicki minaj

<>

SIMONE

"We just missed the last train," He says as we go to get out tickets.

I laugh, "Whoops," then press the start button.

"You're buying tickets?" He laughs, "They don't check."

I nod, "Obviously, I'm buying tickets. And what if they do? Gotta be prepared."

"Have you ever done anything bad in your life?" He laughs. It feels like he was making fun of me. I awkwardly laugh, trying to come up with something, "What would you consider 'bad'?"

He hums, "Have you ever smoked?"

"No."

"Drank alcohol?"

"Only with my parents, I guess."

I was getting uncomfortable. This wasn't my thing at all.

"You're such a goody-two-shoes. I like it."

I laugh, taking the case off my phone then pulling out my debit card.

Sebastian pulls out cash, then starts on the machine next to me.

"Now look who's the goody-two-shoes," I say as I watch him punch in the times the ticket is valid to.

"Only because you did it."

I scoff, stretching out my words, "Wow! Okay."

-

The train ride was weird there. There were a couple of guys that got on the train too, a little bit older than us, and Seb stated that he would beat them up. Y'know, "cause they were looking at me." They weren't, I think he was just threatened somehow.

He also talked about these abandoned warehouses that we went past, saying that we should go there together.

I told him maybe.

I started getting really uncomfortable when he took my phone and started going through my snap photos, even asking for the password to "My eyes only."

I told him the password only because I had nothing to hide anyways.

"Boring!" He sings, handing my phone back to me. I slide it under my thigh.

We go silent again, and he's the first to talk.

"Y'know. I thought you were really cute in 6th..." He pauses, "and I had a crush on you in 7th too. Remember health class?!"

I nod, laughing, "I hated that class."

"Same. Remember Robbie?"

I nod my head.

"He took the fattest rip of his Juul when the teacher wasn't looking and blew it on his desk, then right when she looks, he's like," He acts it out, "It was so funny."

I'm not sure what to say to that cause I don't remember it.

"Remember when she got mad at me for saying prick or something in front of the class? I didn't even know it was a bad word it was in the fucking script."

"Oh my god," He groans like he's suddenly remembered everything, "That class was so bad. I hated it."

"I hated it too," I laugh, looking at our shoes on the floor.

<>

ASH

"Bro what! So Simone gets to skip it but I don't?"