𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 25 - 𝐁𝐥𝐚𝐜𝐤 𝐨𝐮𝐭

Infirmary
Friday 8:00am

You flutter your eyes open as you were greeted with warm sunlight speckling on your skin.

Gradually awakening from your deep unconscious sleep, you felt an unpleasant throbbing sensation coming from your head.

"ah~" you winced in pain as you tried to move.

"Oh you're awake! How are you feeling?!" a familiar voice spoke out to you.

"Hange?.." you realized as you languidly regained consciousness. She had been sitting by your cot, waiting for you to arise. "W-What happened?..."

"Well..you hit your head pretty hard out there, causing you to blackout, but lucky for you didn't sustain any major repercussion!" she exclaimed. "Other than a few cuts and bruises."

"I feel like I have a concussion Hange." you groaned, holding your head as it continued to ache.

"Here," she handed over a cup of hot liquid from her side.

"Drinking herbal tea will help, you need to make sure you stay hydrated." she informed. "Ginger root can also help with the inflammation."

"I don't understand how my gear just—" you paused mid sentence and jolted upwards. "Wait...Eld! Where is he?! Where is Eld?!"

"Whoa easy there Y/n," Hange grabbed you by your shoulders, carefully settling you back down onto the cot. "He's alive."

You sighed in relief, glad to hear the news.

"He has a fractured arm and wrist and is being tended to as we speak, but the nurse said he should in fact make a quick recovery!"

"It's all because of me, I should've done more..." you trailed off.

"Hey...he made the decision to take accountability, putting others before himself, which was very courageous of him," she placed a hand on you upon noticing the frown on your face. "After all, that's what your comrades are for!"

You paused briefly to think back on what all had happened. "I was lying on the ground...and I just remember looking up and seeing him helplessly trapped within that monster's soulless grip—"

"But that's over now," Hange smiled softly. "I heard from Rico that you did an astounding job and that they couldn't have done it without you guys!"

"Yeah~ and hopefully that'll be the last time, I'm exhausted." you snort. "I don't think I've ever taken out that many titans at a time before."

Hange nodded in agreement, standing up from her chair. "I'll get going so you can catch up on some well deserved rest, I'll check up on you later...and don't forget to finish your tea!" she reminded you, as she pranced out of the infirmary.

12:00pm

The nurse finished with your checkup and said that you'd be fine, but to continue to get as much rest as you possibly could.

You got up off the cot and figured you head to the mess hall for lunch, but before exiting the infirmary you took a glance around, looking for a familiar face.

Lying a few beds down, was a man who had been wrapped in bandages from head to toe, with a cold pack compressed against his forehead.

Eld...

Taking a step closer, you realized it was in fact him. The man who saved you from nearly being crushed...or even killed.

You quietly pulled up a stool and took a seat next to him, and even though his eyes were shut, you could see the depletion in his appearance.

"You didn't have to do what you did," you quietly whisper. "It could've been me laying here instead...so I want to say thank you for have my back."

"Ah! there you are." Hange blurted out as she entered the room.

You held a finger up to shush her. "Oh sorry was I being too loud,"she chortled. "He's still knocked out isn't he? The nurse did mention that the pain remedy he was given could make him very drowsy."

"How long do you think he'll be like this?" you asked, still looking upon his wounded body.

"If everything goes well, it should be close to six weeks." she answered. "But since he's healthy and is getting the treatment he needs right away, he'll recover quickly!"

You nodded and stood up, holding your stomach as it growled out, realizing you hadn't eaten since yesterday morning.

Hange burst into laughter and took you by your arm, "You're starving, let's go eat!"

                                         • • •

i hope everyone's having
a good day/night :)