Chapter 1

"Ouch" my best friend Ashley yelped tripping down the last few steps as we ran down the stairs trying to be the first to lunch. Hey call us childish but nothing sucks more than sitting at the end of the lunch table and not being able to talk to your friends. "Yessss" Ashley said as she ran to the empty lunch table. "Finally we can be included in the group conversations for once" she said happily. "Lol ash it's not like we haven't been first before" I said as we spotted our other two best friends, Emily and Maddie. We all cramped together in the middle of the lunch table and waited for the rest of our squad. Our squad consisted of many people. Megan, Chase, Branton, Donnaovan, Ethan, Caden, Emily, Levi, Ashley, Broderick, and myself. These had been my best friends for as long as I could remember. Today was the last day before winter break and everyone was ecstatic. Everyone had Christmas plans and we were all gonna have a get together at the band party tonight. I played the trumpet along with Ashley and Levi. The rest of the day went by pretty fast because I had all of my classes with some of my friends. After school Emily and I went to Ashley's house like we had done every day after school for 2 years now. Why you may ask? Well the answer is simple. Food. She has the best food out of all three of us. Oreos, chips, ice cream, pizza, candy, you name it. We were all neighbors so we practically lived at each other's houses. Things at my house were lest just say a little bit on the bad side right now. It is seriously like a battle field in there. My family isn't exactly in a good place right now...
Snapping back to reality I realized we had been watching Rich Kids of Beverly Hills for about 2 hours. Dang I thought to myself. Looking down at my phone I realized I had to go home to get ready.

As I entered my house I heard the sound that I had heard for the last 5 months of my life. My sister and my mom screaming non stop at each other. I tried to make myself go unnoticed by them but unfortunately for me, I wasn't quick enough. "Where do you think you are going?" My mom asked quite rudely if you ask me. "To my room to get ready for the band party" I responded. " Not till the dishes are put away, the dogs are walked, your laundry is put away, and you bring me hangers." She stated firmly. "But mom please the band party stars at 6 and it's already 5:30. I really need to get ready." I begged. "No." She said not bothering to look at me while she was eating her candy bar. "Mom can I please do them when I get back. The school is 15 minutes away and I still haven't gotten ready." I asked. "Don't ask me again Katelynn." She yelled. "Sorry" I responded feeling mad that she couldn't understand how much time I had.
I rushed up the stairs and threw on my skinny jeans and a crop top and lucky for me I wore my hair in a bun today so when I took it down it was curly. Grabbing the leashes I took my dogs for a quick walk down the street then rushed inside to put away the dishes. Running up stairs I got a text from Maddie saying that they would behere soon to pick me up. "Frick" I muttered to myself while grabbing some hangers. Now all I had to do is put my laundry away but lucky for me it wasn't actually mine it was my sisters.
Slipping on a pair of converse I rushed out the door right in time to see Emily pulling up in my driveway. I had to sit in the back with Maddie since Ashley called shot gun. "Dude this is my jam" I said to Maddie who looked at me like I had 3 eyes. "CAUSE BABY NOW WE GOT BAD BLOOD YOU KNOW WE USED TO BE-". I sang as Maddie cut me off. "Dude no offense but no one wants hear your horrible singing" She stated blankly. " Awe thanks Mads, love you too" I replied smirking. " We are here." Emily said with her voice full of joy. Emily hated driving. I don't know why I guess it was just one of those things that people don't like to but everyone else does. Like for example I hate riding roller coasters. There is nothing anyone can say or do to get me to ride them.As I walked into the school I could tell this was going to be a fun night.
<<<8 days till Christmas>>>
___________________________
AN: this is just the beginning of the story explaining how her life is. It will get more into the story around the 3rd chapter.
(((P.S. This is based on a true story)))