Chapter 3

"Ahh." I sighed as I walked in the kitchen. I loved Christmas cookies and right now they were currently being baked by my mother. Something was different. I looked around and realized nothing was missing. What was it? I couldn't place my finger on it. Wait... This was a change...silence...For once in 6 months my mom and sister weren't arguing. That was strange. "Where's Brianna?" I asked my mom sounding concerned. My mom dropped the spoon she was using to make more dough and turned around to face me while sighing. "Katelynn...I don't know how to tell you this but... Brianna won't be around for a while..." My mom said. "W-what do you m-mean mom?" I asked on the verge of tears. "Katelynn...Brianna has...made some bad bad choices..." She replied. "W-when will I see her a-again?" I questioned."Not for a while I'm afraid."She said trying to sound like she wasn't about to burst out in tears but we both knew she was crying on the inside.
Once inside my room I closed the door. Why why why I asked myself. I never really knew what exactly my mom and my sister were arguing about I always just thought it was little things. But I was wrong. Everyone has a dramatic story from middle school about how everything just changed suddenly and I guess this was it...
For the next 3 days I didn't talk much and I didn't talk to my friends at all. I had 23 text messages from all my friends. I loved my friends really but sometimes they could be a little over the edge. But hey that's what friends do right? Sighing I took out my phone and texted them back. I told them about Bri and then turned off my phone. Tomorrow was Christmas Eve and I couldn't be more happier about that.
<<<2 days till Christmas>>>
___________________________
AN: hey guys I'm gonna updating tomorrow. Btw this is not what the story is gonna focus on this is just something that is leading up to what the story is really about. Comment thing that I should work on!