Chapter 20

Tony looked on in surprise as his plane lifted  into the air and shot off in the opposite direction.

What the hell!? He thought.

Either he had misunderstood Apollo's plan or something had gone wrong. He only hoped that the supposed gods hadn't tricked them into a trap or something.

He turned to look at his team, who were all looking in the direction of the plane which was flying away from their location, at a super high speed, backwards.

Are planes even capable of flying in reverse!?

He had to go home and do some research on that, he noted.

After a few more seconds of staring at the plane, the Avengers decided to walk to the nearest intersection where the gods had promised to meet them.

They waited for about a minute before the team's patience started to wane. They were attracting looks and Tony did not like to be unsure of anything. Never in front of the public. He was supposed to be a genius after all. This incident better not damage his public image, he thought, or he'll be asking Apollo to compensate heavily.

Tony didn't need anymore money though. What could he ask from the guy who claims to be a god? Maybe he'll ask him to make Tony a better archer than Clint! Now THAT was an idea.

Tony's thoughts were interrupted when a teenager suddenly materialised before the team. Materialised, as in, dropped onto the ground from thin air. Was that how children thought babies were made?

The girl had weirdly coloured hair with multiple colours thrown in. Her clothes were all bright colours too, and it made Tony's eyes hurt.

"Uncle." She said, looking straight at Thor.

The girl's crazy, Tony thought. Definitely crazy.

"Ms. Fierro." Thor replied with a nod , and Tony's jaw dropped to the floor.

He was relieved to see though, that all of the others looked confused too.

Thankfully, nobody had to ask and Thor decided to explain.

"Avengers, meet Ms. Alex Fierro, daughter of Loki. Ms. Fierro, meet the Avengers."

Thor said all of this with a smile on, but Tony's confusion only grew.

This teenager was Loki's daughter? How!?

The kid seemed to understand the team's confusion. She nodded at them and gestured to herself.

"Loki's my mom. He's an ass though." She said.

Like that explained anything!?

Even Clint was working his mouth like a gaping fish.

But before anybody could ask anything, a terrifying growl erupted from behind the team.

The Avengers swirled to the direction of the sound, weapons in hand, ready to attack. Only to be met with a wall of pitch black fur.

A gigantic dog stood before them, with glowing red eyes and unnaturally sharp canines.

It was only after taking in the sheer magnificence of the beast before him, that Tony spotted the human seated on top of it.

The woman dropped down from the dog and turned to look at them, smiling.

Looking to be in her thirties, the woman was dark skinned, with curly hair and a well maintained physique. Her eyes were golden and complimented the colour of her armor.  A purple cape hung from her shoulders, there was domino mask around her eyes and a long sword was sheathed at her hip.