Unusual Weekend

It was a Saturday evening around 5 p.m. My husband Satya was out of town for an inspection and he was unlikely to return before Monday afternoon. He often had to make outstation visits over the weekend. I hated the void especially over the weekends.

I was half asleep. Suddenly the door bell rang. I got up quickly and checked the CCTV screen. Our neighbor Mithun was standing outside the door. I opened the door and welcomed him.

Mithun and my husband has been long time friend. It was usual for him or his wife to drop in without notice. Now that she was visiting her parents, Mithun was a forced bachelor. Satya and I liked the couple and often invited them over.

"I hope I have not disturbed you Kavitha," said Mithun

"Not at all. I was dozing with nothing to do," I replied. "Satya had to go for an inspection at a short notice."

"Do come in," I invited him in.

"I should be heading back. I just wanted to say hello to Satya and was wondering if you had the latest issue of Readers Digest. I was following the serialized story," said Mithun.

"Let me look for it, I don't know whether my husband has left it here or he has taken it with him. Do take a seat, while I check." I went in and searched but was unable to find it.

"I am sorry my husband has taken it with him may be you can have it next week," I said, expressing my apology.

"No harm done. Sorry for the inconvenience caused to you" Mithun was even more apologetic. He was a polite person always ready to help. "I should be heading back."

"No nothing like that. I am going to prepare coffee for me. Would you mind having a cup of coffee at our home?" I invited.

"I did not want to be a trouble for you." The usual polite Mithun responded.

"Of course not. I am sure you must be missing good coffee since Kavitha is away to her parents. I was planning to invite you over for dinner but Satya had to take this inspection outstation."

"I would love the coffee, but I think I have disturbed you," Mithun said.

"Do not worry. Please make yourself comfortable and get seated at the sofa." I wanted him to stay.

We lived in an open plan apartment where the kitchen was in the far end of the living room. Mithun was still unsettled alone with me in the house. He was sitting at the edge of the sofa and his eyes following me around as I moved.

I went to the kitchen and prepared coffee and while bending to place the coffee cup at the sofa side table accidentally my sari slipped from my shoulder and gave him chance to see my broad chest with cleavage. He was staring at me and I pretended as if I have not noticed. I adjusted my sari quickly. I took everything casually.

He loved the coffee. We talked about her wife visit to her parents and about his bachelor life. What he was doing in his free time. He told me about a cultural program that was being organized by his office cultural association.

"Thanks for the wonderful coffee. We have a folk music dance program organized by our office cultural association. In case you are bored and you can come and watch the program. I assure you the program will be good," He through an invitation my way.