Fireworks (Shindo x Totsuka)

This fic is uploaded in my AO3 a few weeks ago. I was supposed to post it for the day of the event but I can't because I was finishing one of my fics. Here it is for those who using Wattpad. It's not quite different but enjoy read it! <3

Here's the Day 1 with the prompt, "Childhood Memories". This is my entry for #BRWEEKEND2023. I do not own everything in this fic.

Enjoy reading the fic! ^^

Fireworks (Shindo x Totsuka)

The survivors and the Wild Seven members gather up for a memorial bonfire. They were silent at the time but Risa Shindo, she remembered her best friend, Honami Totsuka. They have been best friends since elementary and they have a strong bond. But now, she's gone. She don't want her best friend to let go but there's nothing that could save her. That's a desperate moment that Shindo encountered, losing her best friend. Her memory flashed in her mind when they were a child.

Before the fireworks started, the children were playing with their sparklers. Totsuka enjoyed playing with them but she wanted to invite Shindo too. Shindo was sitting far from the kindling.

"Risa-chan!" Totsuka shouted in a cheerful voice.

"Honami.." Shindo mumbled.

"Come on, let's play together just like them!" Totsuka smiled while she handed a sparkler to Shindo.

"Sure!" Shindo smiled too and took the sparkler.

They were playing together. The sparks are the bright lights. Their smiles symbolize joy and hope. They kept playing in joy until Shindo's sparkler dropped.

"Ah!"

"Risa!"

"I accidentally dropped it."

The fireworks started to blow up into the sky. A lot of people gathered to see it.

"Risa-chan, let's go!" Totsuka grabs Shindo's wrist and runs to see the fireworks.

They went to the nearest place to see fireworks.

"Risa, look!" Totsuka pointed the fireworks to Shindo.

"It's so beautiful.." Shindo was amazed by the colorful fireworks.

The colorful fireworks were blown up to the sky. Many people wanted to see fireworks as their source of joy. The fireworks festival celebrates people's happiness with those colorful fireworks.

"Risa-chan." Totsuka pulled something in her pocket.

"I wonder what Honami is pulling something." Shindo muttered.

"Here. This is for you, Risa-chan!" Totsuka puts the charm on Shindo's hand and folds her hand.

"What is this?" Shindo wondered.

"It's a lucky charm for being best friends." Totsuka smiled. "Make sure you always carry it."

"Always!" Shindo holds Totsuka's hand with the lucky charm that was given to her and continues to watch the beautiful view of the fireworks.

"Seeing fireworks seems like a good memory between us. The colorful fireworks and loud noises cheer the people up to enjoy their moment. It's very meaningful for us."

Shindo sighed in despair after she remembered the joyful memory with Totsuka. Mitsugu Sakai shoots the bullet into the sky which reminds the sound of fireworks.

"Don't worry, I'll still be here for you, Honami.."

——————————————

I feel bad for Risa. T_T

Do you have a childhood friend? I don't have one. I hope you'll have a good childhood. ^^

I'd love to see fireworks too every New Year. *but it's very noisy a bit* Fireworks are very unique and colorful to cheer the people up.