The Base, Part II

Returning to the groups exploring, Cleveland and her sisters stumbled upon the dockyard, filled with new ships being built.

Montiplier(AL): Wow! Sis, look at all these new ships!

Denver(AL): So this is the dockyard that is building the new ships?

Cleveland(AL): I think so... maybe we shouldn't stay here that long.

Before the sisters could leave, a voice rang out.

???: Indeed. Under normal circumstances, we would ensure that no information about how many ships we are adding to the fleets would be leaked, but since you're our predecessors, I will let you off.

Columbia(AL): Who goes there!

???: I am Amagi, lead-ship of the Amagi-class aircraft carriers, part of the new 71st Strike Fleet. You must be the shipgirls from the other world, correct?

Cleveland(AL): Yes, we are. But how are you existing with your ship still under construction?

Amagi(01): When our governments first found the wisdom cubes, they realised that they could serve as storage cores for warship data... hence which led them to "awaken" ships, as warships, especially since aircraft carriers consumed huge amounts of resources to maintain. However, during one of the panels discussing the cubes, the researchers wanted to know the effect of merging a cube with the base hull that would be under construction, instead of a completed vessel. They realised that if they named a hull, and placed their ship type and ship class next to the hull, it would respond, allowing the cube to form a shipgirl, while the workers finished with the construction.

Cleveland(AL): Wait... so that means that all the ships here have a corresponding shipgirl?

Amagi(01): Indeed. Part of this meant that we could start our training earlier, allowing us to jump straight into combat upon our ship's completion. It made the difference, especially when the nations needed ships to fight back against the invading Galantians.

Columbia(AL): How bad was that war?

???1: Bad enough that most people had to flee close to where we are... and concentrate our forces near this base.

???2: Now, now. We must introduce ourselves before anything sister. I am Akagi, second ship of the Amagi-class aircraft carriers.

???1: I am Zuikaku, fourth ship of the Amagi-class aircraft carriers, and this is our sister, Shokaku.

Cleveland and her sisters could only stare in shock as they noticed the other shipgirls approaching, many bearing resemblance to the shipgirls from their world.

Cleveland(AL): What... how... Why do you look like the others?

Shokaku(03): It is because we were given the names of our predecessors. While figuring names for our ships, many of the survivors wanted to name the newest ships after the legends from the Second World War, the time period in which you girls come from.

Before Cleveland or any of her sisters could formulate a response, a group of voices rang out.

???1: It seems like Miss Enterprise's daughter was correct in that the new shipgirls do take after your appearance..

???2: Indeed. However, I can understand her concern.

As Cleveland and the others turned around, they saw Belfast(AL) with Yorktown II(AL), Warspite(AL), Hood(AL), Musashi(AL), Shinano(AL), Bismarck(AL), Z23(AL), Prinz Eugen(AL), and FDG(AL). Accompanying them was Enterprise (80), Queen Elizabeth (R08) and Belfast (F09).

Enterprise(80): Amagi, Akagi, it is good to see that you've decided to take a break from training.

Akagi(02): Indeed. While our ship forms will be completed in a week's time, we are still getting used to combat with rigging. Thankfully, some of our seniors have been helpful in training us in that aspect.