First Wave Of Summer

Prologue

I wish my life would be as unpredictable as the sea, one moment it may be beautifully serene but you will never know how the second after its tranquility would lead into a frenzy of chaotic disarray— thundering waves crashing into the shore moments after the calmness it beheld.

I don't want to know what will happen next, I want to be completely unaware of where the tides will lead me to. I don't want to know if it's peace or chaos that tomorrow lies ahead, I want what tomorrow looks like to be arcane. I don't want the currents of my life to deliver me into the same direction it took me previously. I don't want my days to be grounded in the same old, stagnant paths, I want it to flow where it has never taken me to.

This summer all I want is something new. I don't want it to be like the previous summer where it was also the previous one that was also like the previous one. Sure, all of those summer that passed by were fun, but that was it. There's nothing new to offer. Nothing new to look forward to. It's as if the fun was becoming boring and old.

I just needed something different.

And just like a fateful day, my prayers really got answered.

Something new did come.

Just like the uncharted waters of the sea, what came was unfamiliar and uncertain. Yet to discover. Yet to explore. Yet to know the truth behind its alluring mystery...

But... what came made me want to retract the wish I hoped for. It made me wish that I didn't venture into its trap. It made me wish that I didn't hope for a turbulence to shake my life's still water. It made me wish that I should've just stayed in the comforts of the calm shores rather than sailing into the raging seas. It made me regret wanting to turn the tides of my life into something I can't control— something I can't predict.

I should've just remained content with the summers I haven't met Brandon Amon Rhodes.

𓆝 𓆟 𓆞 𓆝 𓆟

Love, Sunshine