5-The Struggle of Family

I don't know if y'all peeped that Loni and Iydris relationship was so easy. It was like an instant relationship the moment they met and they didn't even have much of a conversation. They just clicked.

ACE CARTER HOME 1/11/15 8:30 am

While sitting on the edge of Loni's bed I lightly shake her. After I brought Iydris back home last night she seemed pretty happy. I ain't know how I was gon tell her about the whole mama situation. Shit ion even know what me and Izo are. (Izo is the nickname Ace gave her.)

After a few more skakes Loni rolls over and looks back at me. Rubbing her eyes in the process. "Good morning babeh girl." She smiles a little.

"Good morning daddy." I smile and bend down to kiss her forehead.

"Ya ready to get up fa ya class?" She shakes her head.

"Can I stay home with you and Adri today? I'm tired." I nod.

"If ya want to. Daddy got some things he wanna talk ta ya bout."

"Okay, can we talk about it when I get up?" I chuckle.

"Yea. But when Izo get up ya gotta get up too."

"Who is Izo?"

"I mean Adri." She nods.

"Okay daddy." I watch as she turns back over before I make my way out her room. I walk into the living room and grab my phone. First I'm about ta apologize to Julia fa all the drama and shit. Then I have ta let her know Loni ain't coming today. Knowing her she might not go back all this week. Especially afta I tell her that Izo is her mama.

I dial Julia's number and place the phone ta my ear. It rings a few time before she picks up. I can tell she is trying her hardest ta ignore it.

"What Mr. Alsina?"

"Well good morning ta ya too Ms. Julia."

"Sorry, good morning. Now how may I help you?"

"Look, I want ta apologize about all the drama la-"

"You don't have to explain yourself Mr. Alsina. It was a mistake going out with you. I know better than to form a relationship outside this class with a parent of one of my students."

"Yea, but still I owe you an apology because I know all of that was too much."

"It's fine. How is the girl by the way. Have you seen her since last night?"

"Yea, she here. We cleared everything up. I had my private doctor patch her up. But all this shit have a back story."

"Oh, well what is it?" I sigh. Straight to the point then.

"That's a discussion for another day. But I just wanted to let ya know Malonia ain't coming to class today. Prolly not all this week."

"Aww ok. We're going to miss her in class. May I ask why?"

"She need to catch up ona school work."

"Ok, well I'll be sure to let mother know to keep it light this week so Malonia won't have trouble picking up on it when she returns."

"Thank ya."

"Yea, have a nice day Mr. Alsina."

"Yea you too." I hang up the phone and place it on the counter. I'm going no where today. I let My niggas know that today I'm gon be gone. So they gon have to make smart decisions without me today.

"Good morning." I turn around to see Izo walking in with my shirt on.

"Mornin' how ya sleep?"

"Terrible." She mumbles. "I had a dream that all of this was a dream." She explaines taking a seat on the couch.