CH☆PTER IV.

I took out my lighter and brought it up to lit my cigarette. My hand tried to offer shelter against the cold wind for the flame that fought like a champ for its life. I shakily exhaled the smoke, leaning my back and head again the wall. I just finished my course and I was mentally preparing myself for tonight. Quinn insisted we should play live again, because we haven't done that in a while, and after all of our hangouts with the boys we were, again, short on money. After that day when we went to their band practice and had lunch with them, we all became pretty close. It was like an instant click, which was very nice. We started to talk a lot, actually made a group chat so we can joke around and plan our next hungouts. I really enjoyed their presence in our lives, but they were fucking rich and we obviously weren't.
Quinn finally finished her course too and joined me for a smoke.

"—Are you ready for tonight? Any ideas what we're going to play?", she smiled enthusiastically at me, searching her pack and lighter in her purse.

"—When was I ever ready. I'm joking, it's not that big of a deal. I'm a bit nervous because I haven't played guitar lately and I feel out of shape. And for the songs, I think we can play our own ones. I'm gonna be honest with you, I'm actually obsessed with "Hit me like a man", we did an awesome job. We should record it and post that shit on the internet.", she laughed at that, but her smile dropped when she saw I was drop dead serious.

"—The fuck are you talking about? We don't have a drummer, neither a bassist. We just joked around and it happened to sound cool. Don't get me wrong, I always dreamed about having a career in music, but it won't work out", that's the first time in my entire life seeing Quinn being pessimistic or turning down one of my ideas. It's usually the other way around.

"—Wow, ok, I never thought I'll live to see the day when you're going to think rationally. But you chose the wrong moment. Think about it, Gustav and Georg can help us, they will gladly accept our offer if we're going to ask them. Look, let's play our songs tonight and maybe a cover or two. If the crowd shows appreciation to our songs, we'll think about my idea.", I looked at her and lit her cig with mine, because she lost her lighter. She nodded her head as a "thank you" and told me we have a deal.

We dropped the subject and started to talk about the final exams that are coming soon. We can't wait for the vacation to come. We talked with the boys that we should go on a holiday together, a week at the beach or something. Bill planed everything, he couldn't wait for us to finish university and to see us more often. He was like a brother to us. What about Tom you will probably ask. Well we are the same as always. Flirting, teasing each other but nothing more. Maybe we are just a little bit touchy sometimes, and in my defense, he's the one who can't keep his hands at home, not me. I started to get used to it, and again, maybe I kinda like it. But I don't wanna be just another plaything to him, another girl that's head over heels for him. We've met the boys four months ago already. In this four months we saw each other a lot, been to a many clubs and parties. Eveytime, Tom would stick to me, flirt and get me a drink, but after he was getting drunk, he would end up surrounded by a bunch of girls, and he always made sure to make out with all of them. So I don't wanna be just another bitch he's having his way with. I'm better than that. Bill told me to just ignore him, because that's the way he is. I can't say I was never jealous, because as embarrassing as it is to admit, sometimes I would get a bit jealous. But what right did I had to feel that way, we were just friends who joked around. Damn, that boy is going to be the death of me.

"—You're going to dig holes in that wall if you'll keep staring at it like that.", Quinn chuckled, interrupting my thoughts. I blinked a couple of times and switched my attention to her. She gave me a little smirk, throwing her third cigarette butt on the floor, then stomped on it with her chunky platform.