III.

CHAPTER THREE.

"𝙗𝙪𝙩 𝙮𝙤𝙪 𝙘𝙤𝙪𝙡𝙙 𝙩𝙖𝙠𝙚 𝙖 𝙢𝙞𝙣𝙪𝙩𝙚, 𝙟𝙪𝙨𝙩 𝙩𝙤 𝙥𝙖𝙮 𝙖𝙩𝙩𝙚𝙣𝙩𝙞𝙤𝙣 𝙩𝙤 𝙢𝙚 𝙛𝙤𝙧 𝙤𝙣𝙘𝙚

"𝙗𝙪𝙩 𝙮𝙤𝙪 𝙘𝙤𝙪𝙡𝙙 𝙩𝙖𝙠𝙚 𝙖 𝙢𝙞𝙣𝙪𝙩𝙚, 𝙟𝙪𝙨𝙩 𝙩𝙤 𝙥𝙖𝙮 𝙖𝙩𝙩𝙚𝙣𝙩𝙞𝙤𝙣 𝙩𝙤 𝙢𝙚 𝙛𝙤𝙧 𝙤𝙣𝙘𝙚."
-You Don't Know Me, Circa 2022

Khaleesi wanders around the house, her fingers touching the petals of various flowers—the vibrant colors buzzing in her orbs. "What you think about these?" She gently grabs a pink orchid, pushing her nose into the middle to smell the sweet scent. Ace yawns, a beanie placed over his hair as he stretches his arms to the ceiling.

There were bouquets of different colored orchids lined up along the dining room table. A florist in a lilac pantsuit, a clipboard in her hand as she taps her pen on the edge—she stands in the kitchen just a few feet over.

"I think you should do the pink and purple." He went along—Leesi complained how she didn't want to plan a baby shower but now, she was going full-out. It was today, everyone was to show up in white and she would do the same. Body's move throughout the house, the catering staff Kali hired setting up the food in their own artistic way.

"Okay... good choice. You don't have to get dressed if you don't want to, you can stay in." A short lady dressed in black, a pair of large glasses on her face—taking a paddle brush to detangle Khaleesi's honey blonde tresses.

"Nah, I wanna support us. You've been planning this for a minute." She thanks her quickly, glancing at the lady as she walks away—Leesi intertwines her and Ace's fingers.

"We'll go with pink and purple, can you put them along the driveway outside? Around the barbecue area as well, thank you." The florist nods her head, writing a few notes down against the board then walking off. "I want you to rest baby, don't do too much okay? No worrying today."

"I got you, none of that." He leans down kissing her lips, the corner of her mouth lifting up into a smile—the pad of her thumb brushes on his forehead.

"Seriously, Ace, rest. I'm gonna call the doctor to come look at you." She pulls away, his hand catching hers—Khaleesi gazed back at him. "Yes baby?"

"You don't gotta do that, he already on the way. Called em' earlier."

"Look at you tryna get better."

"I really don't want you to be worrying, that's it." He draws her in closer, she leans up kissing him once again—they savor the intimate moment with each second. Kali comes in, scooping her arm under Khaleesi's—she pulls her away their lips coming apart. His arm falling from her waist, he tilts his head to the side sighing.