2| In your care

- Chapter 2 -

In your care

The host club surrounds an awestruck wolf, who was named Ryouko individually. She scanned each of their appeals, and their physical appearances shown enough of their personality, although there are doubts in her mind.

Any of them could put hatred on creatures as herself.

"Hello there," the woman's warm and soothing voice startled poor little Ryouko at the moment. Despite Ryouko being quite massive, she's still a young one.

The woman reached her hand onto Ryouko's mane, who hesitates, but the way the lady takes engage is quite peculiar. It's not as aggressive as how many hunters wanted to grasp her, it's like, taking in the reach to her friendship.

It's completely eccentric.

"Haruhi," the blonde boy called in a calm tone, yet the girl still continued, "I have doubts. She could somehow bite you," he progressed worriedly, gawking over Ryouko's slightly opened jaw. A behaviour through which an animal would obviously take an attack.

"That's the problem," the woman, now known Haruhi, eases her access when she's near to Ryouko's mane, "You all have to trust me, and this wolf. If you all act worried or suddenly panic, this will surely startle Ryouko," she beamed up a warm smile when the wolf removes her full attention to her hand and unto her big brown eyes, "It's alright," she whispered.

Something impossible happened.

The fear the wolf contained among humans--vanished from the gleam of the woman's warm smile.

And slowly, the wolf unintentionally lands her forehead on the girl's open palm, not only Ryouko who fell amused, but the boys standing by side were awed.

Ryouko is heartily afraid of humans, their beliefs of Ryouko's existence enrage them to cage or even kill her.

Many believe that she's a descendant of a sun goddess, Amaterasu; many have mistaken her for a mythical fox guardian of the shrine; many believe she was a kitsune; and all those beliefs were wrong.

Ryouko herself may not be one of those... but probably...

She is something extraordinary, and she's willing to give up something immortal and desires to live normally.

She even despise her own species.

When the girl's hand is placed on Ryouko's forehead, the wolf shut her eyes in tranquillity, while she listens to the war men have created by words.

Well, not as brutal as a true war.

"Haruhi, why won't you be responsible for Ryouko's sake?" the man in glasses suggests with a smile, no one knows if it was fake or real. But it truly is warm.

"What?" she reacts, shocked due to her issues, "I-I really wanted to, but the apartment-"