Prolouge

The League of Villains was accustomed to changing environments frequently. The home they created with each other was never about the place, but the people. Though everyone could agree that they would miss those nights around the bar. The nights where they would maybe toss around a few mission ideas, but it was mostly them slacking off and being friends. Dabi could still hear Toga and Twice's giggling and Shigaraki's frustrated huffs as they played Mario kart or whatever game they had managed to steal that week. Were they wanted criminals? Sure, but the things they stole were mostly food and entertainment like any common thief. Their bigger goals and dreams were what got them in trouble.

They never realized how important those little nights around the bar were to them, until it was gone, along with Kurogiri.

They now traveled everywhere by foot, and currently were knee deep on a snowy mountain.

The chilling air and its frozen particles constantly whipped at the League as they slowly made their way up a path. Shigaraki had a bad habit of not telling them the exact location of the places they were going to until they got there, which annoyed Dabi to no end. But Dabi knew that even Shigaraki wasn't that certain this time. He has witnessed a range of their leader's temperaments, but never has he seen him look so lost. After the fight with All for One, he expected Shigaraki to have some sort of plan like he always does... but he didn't. None of them knew where to go.

So now here they were, traveling in a winter storm by foot, their only hope based on rumors of a hidden city near the mountains that Compress and Giran had provided. How had they managed to be backed into a corner so bad that they became this desperate? They had no real evidence this city existed, or if it was even a reasonable place to stay.

The storm was the cherry on top. They couldn't even wait for it to pass because the police and heroes came closer every day to hunting them down.

Dabi hated this feeling of uncertainty, and the terrain of this mountain brought back... unpleasant memories to say the least.

Dabi glanced at Toga, who rested her head on his shoulder as he carried her on his back. As much as he disliked snow, his body was accustomed to it more than the others, and he can provide Toga with some heat on his back. The poor girl merely had a blanket to cover up her usual outfit. Spinner wasn't doing so well in the cold either but refused any offer of help. Most of the members in this twisted group were stubborn bastards. You can't really blame them though.

Dabi looked back up in time to see Shigaraki and Compress stop. Annoyed, he caught up to them to see what the fuss was about. The blizzard made it hard to see more than a few feet in front of you.

He sighed and shouted over the wind, "Shit- did we take a wrong turn?"

They were staring at the opening of a cave. It looked deep, because you couldn't see the end of it from here. Just a void of darkness staring right back. Dabi couldn't quite explain it, but something about the way the cave looked gave him an uneasy feeling.

Shigaraki's gaze didn't waver from the cave. "No."

He was holding a piece of paper, but Dabi didn't see him glance at it again for confirmation. The feelings of fatigue were catching up to him, making him even more impatient than usual. He ripped the paper out of Shigaraki's hands, examining the instructions.

Compress chimed in, "Well it is a hidden city. Perhaps there's a secret opening?"

After studying the paper and determining this is the only logical place they would end up in the area, Dabi walked a little closer. "Either way, it may be a good place to rest and think." Creating a flame in his right palm, he nudged Toga. "Oi, time to get off."