"Blink"

"You have to let the energy flow. You can't just brute force it." Rivis was growing tired. Him and Swift had been at this for 2 hours now. Running into a concrete slab repeatedly wasn't the best way to spend your day.

"I am letting it flow! Can you not see me fLoWiNg?! I am flowing as hard as I can right now!" Swift gestured flamboyantly with his arms. He was also growing tired, but much more physically.

"Well that doesn't seem like a very flowy attitude to me..." Rivis sarcastically muttered under his breath.

"What am I doing wrong Riv? I have LITERALLY been hitting a wall for 2 hours trying to figure out this stupid "blinking" thing and I haven't even gotten close. Is this even possible?"

Rivis answered the question by immediately running at the concrete slab and disappearing. poking his head out from the other side a second later.

Swift sarcastically responded, tossing his arms up in the air. "So why can't I do that?"

Rivis answered. "Well your main issue is thinking that you need to control the Taken energy. You've gotta take it slow. Starting out, it's more of a... how do I put it? Getting used to all the little voices that whisper in your head." Rivis gave a sarcastic smile and a thumbs up.

"Great. That was very helpful." Swift replied in a disgruntled manner. "Also, you never told me. How do you know how to control this stuff?"

Rivis proposed a deal. "How about this, you learn to blink, and I'll tell you the story."

"Deal."

Rivis went back to instructing. "Alright, first off, Let the energy flow. Just sit there for a moment, almost like you're letting it speak to you."

Swift looked over, slightly confused.

"Yes I know it sounds corny, just do it." Rivis interjected with a deadpan tone.

Swift sat down and closed his eyes. He concentrated as Taken energy began to form across his body, starting from his hands and feet and working their way up through the rest of his body.

Suddenly Blu and Vetrix transmatted to where Swift and Rivis were training.

"Hey guys! How's the training going?" Blu asked cheerfully.

All of the Taken energy dissipated as Swift immediately lost all concentration.

Blu quickly noticed and apologized. "Oh! Sorry! Did I interrupt?"

Swift sighed but gained his composure. "It's fine Blu, I'm just a little frustrated.."

Blu and Vetrix sat down quietly and watched next to Rivis. Swift sat down again, concentrating once again on the Taken Energy flowing through his body. At about the same time as before, Shiro transmatted in, much quieter than Blu as to not disturb Swift. He also sat down next to Rivis as the four watched the Taken energy flow through Swift's body, eventually covering him entirely.

Swift felt a strange sensation flow through his mind. He could hear quiet, Whispering voices, but nothing he could understand or interpret. Just mindless whispers. The more he sat and listened, the more control he felt creep in. It was as if embracing the darkness gave him more control over it.

Suddenly something clicked. Swift could feel every bit of the energy in his body. He opened his eyes as they glowed a bright white, Taken energy fully covering his body. He ran towards the concrete slab in front of him and leaped once more, this time disappearing right in front of the barrier and reappearing on the other side in a split-second.

Cayde chose the wrong time to transmat in.

He appeared on the other side of the concrete barrier, Ramen in hand. The plan was to give it to Swift when he had figured out whatever Rivis was teaching him. That plan was completely destroyed when Swift went crashing into the Exo, sending the Ramen all over the place.

Cayde slowly sat up with a grumpy expression making its way across his frame. Swift quickly got up, the Taken energy quickly disappearing.

He looked over at Cade and scratched the back of his head. "Well I uhhh. figured out how to do the blinking thing..." he awkwardly chuckled.

Cayde let out a sigh, still sitting in the same spot, noodles wrapped around his horn.

"Well, I guess I'll go get some more Ramen then..."

Blu and Vetrix were laughing hysterically at both the Exos, while Shiro tried his hardest not to. He did however allow a slight grin to make its way over his Exo frame.

Cayde transmatted back to the City with Shiro while Blu and Vetrix excitedly asked him to do it again.

"Maybe tomorrow" Swift teased them.