Dinner And Breakfast [Chapter 11]

Izuku unlocked the front door to their apartment. Eri ran in as soon as the door opened just wide enough for her to squeeze into. She sprinted to her room, determined to show Hitoshi her favourite Mirko hoodie.

Both Izuku and Hitoshi could not help but chuckle at Eri's excitement. Izuku slipped off his shoes, replacing them with house slippers. "The extra slippers are in the storage closet, I'll get those for you." Izuku never expected to have people over to the apartment, let alone a friend, so he just shoved the guest slippers away.

As he turned back to Hitoshi, he seemed to be staring into the kitchen, specifically the fridge. He turned to see what Hitoshi was looking at.

It was a hand-drawn picture. One Eri had made for Izuku after the whole adoption process. She insisted it was to go on the fridge, so every time they made breakfast in the morning, they'd see it. It was a wonderful portrait of both Izuku and Eri, standing in front of what seemed to be their apartment building, with big, toothy smiles.

(Izuku wished, one day, Eri would smile just like in her picture.)

He smiled a look of adoration in his eyes. "She made that for me after I took her in. She insisted it was to be put on the fridge." Hitoshi laughed. "It's cute. She's cute." Izuku nodded in agreement.

Both males flinched slightly when Eri barged into the hallway, proudly holding up an off-white Mirko hoodie. "This is my favourite hoodie!! Cause it matches Izu's!" Eri also started calling Izuku, Izu, after the adoption. It never fails to make Izuku smile.

Hitoshi nodded. "Izu, huh?" He looked over to a now blushing Izuku. "Do you think I should call him that, too?" Eri nodded enthusiastically, while Izuku blushed even redder. "So, you have a matching hoodie, right? Why not show me?" Hitoshi cheekily suggested. He knew if Eri agreed, Izuku wouldn't say no.

"Yes!!" Eri turned to Izuku so fast, that they thought she had gotten whiplash. "Can we, Izu? Can we?" Izuku looked down at his daughter, she's opened up so much. And with such excitement in her eyes, he couldn't say no. He sighed. "Fine. Then we'll eat." Izuku walked towards his room, Eri following close behind. "Make yourself at home!" He yelled over his shoulder as he closed his bedroom door behind him.

Hitoshi looked around. The apartment was small but homey. With soft, cream walls, and what looked to be handmade paintings on the hallway walls. They had an open kitchen in the living room. There was a comfy-looking couch on the right wall, opposite the TV. The couch had a couple of throw-on pillows, with a bin pushed to the side filled with blankets and movies. In between the TV and couch was a rectangular, dark oak, coffee table. On the table was a large candle, coasters stacked on one another, and two remotes. Under said table, was a large, sage green rug. That clashed perfectly against the cream walls. The TV was mounted on the wall, above a low drawer, that had a gaming console and more movies placed on it. There was a window that outlooked the city opposite the kitchen, showing the beautiful sunset above all the tall buildings.

Hitoshi flinched slightly as both Eri and Izuku turned the corner. And, Hitoshi had to say, they both were adorable.

Both hoodies were just large enough to cover their hands and had bunny ears on the hood that flopped all over the place. Hitoshi and Izuku blushed.

"O-Okay! Let's get dinner started, yeah?" Eri raised her hands in excitement, running to the kitchen. "She's a ball of sugar." Hitoshi joked, and Izuku giggled. "She sweet like one too.."He turned to Hitoshi. "Kastudon?"
Hitoshi chuckled. "I hope it's as good as you make it out it be."
___________________________

Hitoshi was in heaven.

First of all, he ate a delicious home-cooked meal. Izuku made a pork kastudon, with rice, fried pork, green beans, onions, and egg. It was the best thing he ever tasted.

Secondly, they decided to watch a movie in the living room. On one of the most comfortable couches Hitoshi has ever sat in before. Halfway through the movie, Eri fell asleep in Izuku's arms. Izuku was starting to nod off too, and leaned his head on Hitoshi's bicep.

Here was Hitoshi now. Under many, very comfortable blankets, his new 'friend' lying on his arm, fast asleep. And he too, a raging insomniac, dozing off in mere seconds.

Hitoshi was in heaven.
___________________________

Hitoshi woke up to the smell of bacon. Not a common occurrence since his parents were never home in the mornings to cook breakfast. But it was pleasant.

He rose from the very comfy couch, and stretched his arms into the air, letting out a loud yawn. Hitoshi blinked, trying to blink away the fog from his eyes. As he regained his bearings, he began to hear a soft melody.

Izuku danced around the kitchen, tending to the bacon, flipping the eggs, and plating the rice into three bowls. The humming noise was coming from him. It was a popular song, a calm, soft song. It was very soothing in Hitoshi's opinion.

Eri was sitting on the counter. She was dosing off, but still nodding along to the beat. She had bed head, and on her feet, she was a fluffy pair of bunny slippers.

Hitoshi stood from his position on the couch. He took long strides to the counter where Eri was sitting.

Izuku sensed his presence and turned to bid him good morning. "Good morning, Shinsou! How'd you sleep" He said cheerfully, turning his attention back to the eggs crackling on the stove. Hitoshi sat on one of the stools by the kitchen island. "Amazing. I don't think I've ever slept that great in, like, 9 years." He yawned.

Izuku giggled, Shinsou had a deep morning voice. It was almost like he was wearing a voice changer.

Izuku quickly dished up the eggs and bacon on top of the bowls of rice. A simple, delicious breakfast.

Both Eri's and Hitoshi's mouths watered. It smelled divine.

They all sat down at the island, said their thanks, and dug in.

A perfect morning, for a perfect family.

1166 Words

Thanks for reading chapter 11 (  Dinner And Breakfast ) Of 🍋; Lemon Boy;🍋!

Love Your Author Izzy!