Chapter 3 - Destroyer of the World

Flames of the Sun God

A One Piece Fanfic by GreyNimbus

Author's Note:

For some of you who may be wondering, I included the part about Dr. Vegapunk knowing the true identity of the Gum-Gum Fruit as my headcanon. It's possible that the Five Elder Stars could have informed him about it at a meeting or something. And with his Brain-Brain Fruit powers, his brain capacity could've also included a perfect memory, to which he later writes down the info about Luffy's Devil Fruit on paper, and then gave that info unintentionally to the Roger Pirates at some point. There are many gaps in the One Piece lore that fans could fill with whatever they want, and I'm no different. That's just what fanfiction is all about.

Also, to those of you who are concerned about shipping, my absolute favorite couple is LuffyxNami, but I don't think I'll include any pairing in this story, because that would ruin the chemistry that makes up the One Piece world that we all know and love. Sorry if this disappoints you romance fans out there, but this is my story and it's mine to do with as I please.

Hope you guys enjoy this next chapter and have a good day!

GreyNimbus, out!

~0~

OP/Luffy, Mature/Luffy, EarlyDFAwaken/Luffy, NoPairing

~0~

Disclaimer:

One Piece is owned by Eiichiro Oda. I do NOT own anything One Piece related. Obviously(!)

~0~

Chapter 3 — Destroyer of the World

Another brutal day of Haki training goes by for the Legendary-Pirate-in-training.

Come nightfall, Luffy was in the middle of devouring another huge chunk of meat off the bone. With the restriction of his baseline rubbery body, Luffy had been eating less food than he normally does.

...at least 5% less.

After quickly getting used to wearing Sea-Prism Stone handcuffs for the last couple of days, Luffy no longer felt like he was being drained of energy, although he still can't stretch. This intensified his training to new bounds.

Today, he attempted to improve his "Armament: Hardening" by fighting the colossal animals of Luscaina. He could no longer afford to keep taking hits from the beasts since his Devil Fruit powers had been canceled out, so he was forced to resort to constant dodging - something he was not the best at. But Rayleigh told him it was the perfect excuse to train his Observation Haki, by predicting where, and, eventually, when the attacks would strike.

Luffy's first opponent was a massive blue gorilla the size of a house. Following Rayleigh's instructions, Luffy prioritized speed over strength, and let the opponent make the first move. Luffy's speed was growing by leaps and bounds. Before the revision to his new training regiment, Luffy demonstrated Second Gear to his mentor, explaining how it made him move at mind-boggling speeds. Rayleigh later identified this speed feat as Shave, one of the Six Powers.

The Six Powers is a special, superhuman martial art style that is mostly used by agents of the World Government. Anyone who could master the Six Powers is said to have the strength of a hundred men.