Last Day Falling In Love

Love comes in the most unexpected time, place and situation and I never thought cupid will shot me an arrow today.

I brought up my sun glasses as the glaring sun of Rome hitted my skin. August, the last month of summer in Italy.

It was my last day here in Rome, because tomorrow night, I'll be flying back to the Philippines and continue my studies.

I'm actually almost 3 months late for school because I had to wait for my permit to leave this country. Don't get me wrong, I love Italy. Their pastas, historical remains, clean environment and all.

I've been staying here for almost 3 months. Why I'm here? Vacation. Both of my parents are working here in Italy. Actually we planned on staying here for about 2 months only.. but I just got my permit yesterday so yeah.. The 2 months vacation became 3 months.

Since my parents are at work and today's my last day here, I decided to stroll the city one last time. I'm quite familiar with the places here since I've stayed here for quite a long time.

With the dslr camera hanging on my neck, I decided to visit the historical remains of Rome like, Pantheon and Colloseo.

I've already seen those historical structures the first day I got here but since it was my last day, I want to see them one last time.

I kept on taking photos of the colleseum. There's alot of tourist and it's really hot here. Urgh. I don't want to get tanned.

After sometime of just strolling and strolling, my stomach starts to rumble. I need to eat.

I entered the "Gelateria"(Ice Cream Shop). It's really hot and I need something to cool me down. Lol.

"Buongiorno!" The man at the counter greeted as I entered the shop.

"Buongiorno.." I shyly greeted back.

I started scanning the delicious looking ice creams behind the glasses.

Italy's Ice Cream is really delicious! I SWEAR.

Suddenly, I heard a commotion just near the counter. It catched my attention which made me turned to what was going on.

I saw a tall man, I bet he's not Italian. He looks asian from his side view. The man at the counter was asking for his order and it seems like he was having some trouble on understanding italian.

I don't know why but I decided to approach the tall guy and helped him.

I tapped his shoulders and that made his gaze turn to me. My eyes widen in shock. Is he really standing infront of me? He's really here?

I decided to compose myself because for sure, he might think of me weirdly.

"Excuse me, do you need help? I can speak Italian for you." I volunteered as I gave him a smile.

He looked quite flustered but he nodded afterwards. "Thanks." He muttered.

He sat at a table for two near the shop's glass windows. He sat there waiting for our gelatos.

When I finally got our ice creams, I went to his table and placed his order. "Thanks." He said again this time flashing his gummy smile at me.

"No problem. Glad to help. So, I'll be going now.." I informed him, even though I really want to talk to him. It's not like he knows me anyway, but then before I could even step away, he grabbed my hands making me turn to him.

"Uhm. I know this is too much to ask but, can you accompany me?" He shyly asked rubbing his nape.

I smiled and just nodded. I sat across him. Omo! He really looks intimidating yet handsome in person.