Forming A Contract

Now we meet the five lovely looking demon girls and they're quite interesting.

=================================

After what felt like a long time of slumbering, I began to hear voices.

"So this is the mortal you found?"

"Yes, he just stumbled into our home and fell down, like he was knocked out."

"Mmmm, well he's certainly a handsome guy, despite his rugged looks."

"Patience, Soniam. His body needs time to heal after being moments away from dying."

"You can thank my case of supplies for that."

My body stirred a little as I could feel my conscious coming back.

"Looks like he's awake, leave him to me, I'll see if there's potential within him."

"Of course, Catena. Let us leave, cuties."

I heard a door closed as my eyes began to open to see an unfamiliar girl.

"Well, good morning to you, mortal." She greeted. "You sleep well?"

"Ugh...I feel like I just went through endless torture." I replied. "Wait, who the heck are you?"

"Oh, is that how you greet a stranger? And after all we did to save you."

"Look, I just wanna know...or how about answering me how I'm still alive?"

She giggled. "I guess that can work, too. I am Catena, you may notice it from my looks, but I am not exactly mortal."

I then got a good look at Catena, and well...I had to admit, she was sexy...wait, not mortal?

"Excuse me? What do you mean by not mortal?"

"I am a demonic girl, a member of the infamous magic team that is dismissed as rumors."

Suddenly, my mind was fully awake and my eyes opened wide, she must mean the Demonic Five.

"Oh no...wait, so the rumors are true? I thought those were just some stuffy legends people tell for shits and giggles."

"Well, you certainly have a colourful tone. I'm starting to grow fond of you already."

"Save it." I sighed. "Well anyway, how did I survive?"

"We used our magic to heal your body, although we couldn't help ourselves but observe you for signs of potential."

"Sounds creepy to me."

"It would be to a mortal. But for us demon girls, it allows us to determine whether or not you are worthy of sharing our magic with."

"Magic? Oh, you mean like what I can do?"

"Why yes. You have potential, and that is why you are here in this room, instead of being thrown to the wolves, slimes, orcs and all kinds of monsters that roam around in the forest."

I looked down. "I'd rather you did that instead. That way I could've been with them."

"Them?"

"My friends who were like brothers to me all died in the forest last night. Thanks to those freaking soldiers from the kingdom. All because we were trying to survive as thieves, as it was the only way to live. But that's all gone now, and so was my home."

"You poor mortal...have you ever thought of revenge?"

I nodded. "Plenty. Ever since I lost my parents and became an orphan, all I ever knew was to stand up for what I believed in, until the noble kingdom got too boastful, and forced me and my friends to go on the run because we were homeless, struggling to get by each day."