Impure Post-Combat

We move on to do a bit of gardening with Tio and then some training on transforming into a powerful beast...yeah, I don't see this going well for some unfortunate monster.

=================================

Day three of my road to revenge was here and today was going to be a worrying one, unless Tio goes easy on me with the kind of training she has in mind.

After breakfast was done, Catena wanted me to go see Tio so I could get started on obtaining more powerful magic. I walked to the large back doors of the mansion and into a very large garden.

Row upon row of fruits and vegetables were growing, I even saw some wheat growing on one line. She really does take natural food creation seriously.

"Oooh, morning, dear." Tio greeted when she saw me.

I sighed into my left hand. "Why are you calling me that?"

"Why not? It suits you. Considering how well you dress these days."

"Yeah, let's just get a move on with the training stuff. Unless there's something that needs growing here."

"Oh, I was just about to ask that. Would you mind fetching those two empty barrels? I use those to fill up the water so I would have plenty on hand in case of a very hot day."

"Sure, where would they be?"

"Just beside the greenhouse. On the left side where I grow the tomatoes."

I walked along the pathway and down a row of tomatoes before I found the greenhouse and saw a pair of wooden barrels. They were empty, so they would be at least light enough to be moved. But I could feel the strain already as I was moving one along.

"Oh, wait a second." I had an idea. "Why the hell am I doing this the hard way? I could just use the strength amplify magic that I got from Vires."

I used the spell and my body felt bulky yet I looked the same on the outside. I grabbed the barrel and it was very light. So I felt smug and grabbed the other barrel, taking them both above my shoulders and returned to Tio who saw me carrying both with ease.

"Oooh my, are you trying to show off?" She asked.

"A little, perhaps. I just wanna make things easier for myself."

"Well, I wasn't being serious. You used Vires's magic, didn't you?"

"Yep, and I feel damn proud of it."

She giggled. "In that case, I'll make sure your training will be the opposite of easy."

"Yeah, let's not go that far."

I placed the barrels down near the back-doors.

"I'll handle them later when there's rain. For now, I'm done with the gardening. So let us be off."

"Where to?"

"There is an abandoned village on the other side of the river. It is where we shall conduct the next part of your training. Of course, we'll need to form a contract so you can conduct transformation magic on your own."

'Obviously...'

"However, I'm more of the elegant type. And I would feel much happier if we had a moment to learn more about each other, before we seal the deal, as Vires puts it."

"Then if you don't mind, may I come along?" Fakel asked as she showed up. "To ensure you can travel to and from there with ease?"

"Ahhh, sweet Fakel, I can always rely on your magic to aid us."