Chapter 5: Mother

Train enroute to Berlin

Nijmegen is with Friedrich der Grosses and Peter Strasser who are playing chess at the table in a fancy room which he question about.

Nijmegen: "You got a big fancy room here."

Friedrich giggles at his statement and Peter answer.

Peter: "Of course; only the elites or someone who possess power is allow to have this kind of rooms."

Nijmegen was intrigue of this information and start to memorize it until it hit him which means this girls are important.

Nijmegen was sitting on the chair and stare at the chessboard until he notice that Peter has a good chance of winning if Friedrich doesn't move her knight to block Peter's path toward the king which Nijmegen point that out to Friedrich. She notice him and realize of what he is saying and move the knight to block the pathway to the king which Peter show some anger in her face. She didn't know that Nijmegen is reading the chessboard like a book. Friedrich is making a smile on her face which is pissing off Peter who is now losing the fight due to Nijmegen's planning. Peter try to figure out of how is Friedrich is winning all the sudden and she notice Nijmegen was just sitting there, but not making a muscle so she ignore him.

Peter(thought): "How is she winning? Can't be him that's helping her. He's just standing there looking at the board."

How you ask; well he is using Morse Code by using his dragon tail to help Friedrich out with the chess which Peter didn't notice it since he is making signs to signal Friedrich out. Nijmegen signal Friedrich that her pathway to victory is clear and she took Peter's king which cause to her to be so frustrated and left the room to cool down which cause Friedrich to giggle.

Friedrich: "I want to thank you for helping me, but next time let her win."

Nijmegen: " I do."

Friedrich: "How about a game of chess while we wait for Peter to cool down?"

Nijmegen accept the game and everything is back into place. Nijmegen start off with putting one of the pawns and the game has started. Time has pass looks like things are a tie with both Friedrich and Nijmegen deadlock into each other. Only way to way is someone making a wrong move which not one of them is making that move. Peter and the other girls that was with Nijmegen before they lost him enter the room.

Peter: "He's in here."

Henrich: "There you are."

They both notice Friedrich and Nijmegen focus on the game with a deadlock move. The girls sit down on the chair and wait for them to make a move which no one is making a move.

Weser: "Looks like a tie."

Peter: "Ever that or someone forfeit, but looks like those two aren't giving up."

They can see in their eyes that they are not giving up the fight like true Iron Blood kansens.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Time Skip

The deadlock continues on until the train made a stop which means they arrive at their destination and the winner is nobody since they are deadlock, but it was great experience for Nijmegen.

Friedrich: "Thank you for the game my child."

Nijmegen: "Hope we do more of this next time."

Friedrich: "I take that as a invitation."

Those two left while the other girls are fallen asleep until Nijmegen notice them and use his tail to smack the wall loud enough for the girls to wake up...... BANG! The girls were startle of the big bang.

Peter(woke up): "WHAT? What happen?"

Nijmegen: "We're here."

Weser(woke up): "Are we done here yet?"

Nijmegen tells her that they arrive to Berlin while Friedrich giggles of their reaction and leave the train....... Except for Prinz Henrich who is still sleeping on the cart which the officer try to wake her up.

Officer: "Excuse me madam, but you need to get off. We're going to check the maintenance before we need to move forward."

Henrich wakes up and notice everyone is missing.

Henrich(shock): "OH NO! EVERYONE IS GONE!"

Officer: "They already left and please leave."

Henrich rush out of the room and exit the train with a worry look on her face which the officer sigh before checking around the train to make sure that no one else is still in the train. We head outside of the train station to see Nijmegen and Friedrich talking about planning until they reach to the main command center for Iron Blood.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Command Center, Berlin

Friedrich and Nijmegen arrive at the Command Center to talk with the higher ups, but the security officer stop Nijmegen due to not in a familiar figure which Friedrich told them that it's okay.

Friedrich: "Sorry about that sweeties, but he's with me."

That was enough for the security officer to move out of the way for Nijmegen to enter, but maintain a glare from the officer which Nijmegen notice. They take the stairs since Nijmegen can't enter the elevator with his dragon tail sticking out. They continue to walk until Friedrich talk with him.

Friedrich: "Since you're part of the family; I suggest you call me Mother."

Nijmegen: "Are you sure about that?"

She hug him with comfort while he start to accept it.

Nijmegen: "Understood Mother."

She start to smile and continue heading to the main office where the Commander is waiting for them to arrive. They open the door to reveal a female Commander Ada Maria.

Ada: "Lady Friedrich; I hear that the girls found a male Iron Blood kansen

Ada: "Lady Friedrich; I hear that the girls found a male Iron Blood kansen."

Friedrich: "Yes Kommandant, but you better take care of that loose collar."

Friedrich head to sort out Ada's collar which she thank her for it.

Ada: "Thank you Friedrich and now kansen...... What are you?"

To be Continued....

Chapter 6: Iron of Hell