Khamoshiyan

Hey guys, thank you all for the support and love! I really hope you guys enjoy reading this. Please do vote and comment. Keeps me motivated to write better.  

As Meerab was dressing, she couldn't help but notice the faint marks adorning her body and neck. Each mark felt like a possessive claim, branding her as Murtasim's own. She traced her fingers along her neck, the memory of his lips grazing her skin flooded her senses. A smile tugged at her lips, momentarily eclipsing the weight of her thoughts. But the smile soon faded as her thoughts drifted back to the moment when he tightly gripped her throat upon hearing Rohail's name, consumed by anger and hurt. She felt guilty for doubting him and Haya, yet she had done nothing to ease his concerns regarding Rohail. Despite her promise to stay away from Rohail, she had broken that trust. She hadn't trusted him enough to confide in him about Mariyam's decision to run away. In her disbelief and fear, she had failed to see the truth when she witnessed Murtasim and Haya's embrace. As the scenes replayed in her mind, she realized that he had been honest all along. All these days he stood as her protector, showered her with unwavering love and support, while she, lost in her own insecurities, had remained stagnant and stubborn to take a single step towards him. She never trusted him enough to open up and communicate. In fact, she even resorted to slapping Murtasim in a moment of thoughtless haste, behaving in a manner that disgusted her. 

"Main use kaise muh dikhaun? Kaise tod diya maine ye khud se kiya hua wada? Itni besharmi se.." she thought. The memory of her bold actions lingered in her mind haunting her with its implications.

"Kya soch raha hoga mere baarein mein Murtasim? Jo maine kiya hai, woh meri izzat kya karega aage jaake?" she thought as a tear slipped from her eyes.  

She quickly covered her bruises with makeup, got dressed, and went downstairs.

"Aa gayi maharani sahiba?" Maa Begum taunted. Murtasim glanced at her, struck by how beautiful she looked with the white shawl draped around her. "His Khaani" he thought to himself with a sense of pride and smiled. She avoided him subtly that didn't go unnoticed by him. Her gaze inadvertently fell upon the turtle neck shirt he wore, the realization making her embarrassed.

Meerab looked down, "Maa Begum, woh der ho gayi, main late uthi thi toh..." she stammered, searching for an explanation.

"Iski tabiyat theek nahi thi," Murtasim swiftly interrupted, stepping in to cover for her.

"Hmmm, ab kaisi tabiyat hai tumhari?" Maa Begum inquired.

Meerab glanced at Murtasim, then back at her mother-in-law, her response hesitant. "Ji, thikey," she replied, the words escaping her lips with caution. 

"Hua kya hain tumhe waise?" She reached out, placing her hand on Meerab's forehead, checking for any signs of fever. "Bukhaar toh nahi hai,"

Meerab's cheeks flushed with embarrassment as she struggled to find an appropriate response. Haya, casting a gaze of disdain, only added to her unease. She didn't know how to explain "Woh, main bas," 

Murtasim interjected, "Kal raat kaafi thak gayi thi," he said, casting a meaningful glance at Meerab. "Travel karke aayi thi aur itna stress thha! Tabiyat kharab ho gayi iski" he added. Maa Begum nodded hearing him.

"Chalein?" he asked shifting his gaze from Maa Begum to Meerab. Meerab nodded in approval but avoided his gaze.

"Maa Begum, kya hum bhi inke saath chal sakte hain?" Haya questioned. "Mujhe bhi Mariyam se milna hai, uski yaad aa rahi hai," she lied, her true intentions veiled beneath her words.

"Hmm, main nahi aa sakti. Tum chali jana," Maa Begum granted, "Murtasim, Haya ko bhi apne saath le jao."

"Lekin Maa Begum Murtasim ne toh kaha thha ye riwaz hain," Meerab spoke up, her voice tinged with disbelief. "Aur sirf ham dono ko jana hai?" she questioned sharply. Murtasim was clear that she was holding back the urge to confront Haya directly. She would have slapped Haya if Maa Begum wasn't here.