Riders From Outside

*Spongebob narrator voice* Ah- a perfect day in Encanto, a light breeze to cool the sweat of the villagers as they made their way into a crowded arena. The bright grass drifted on the hills above as trees rustled in the wind. A capybara chewed on a flower as a butterfly passed by.

" AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!"

A young boy fell out of a tree, bouncing through the bushes onto the hill. The capybara screeched and ran off as the wild-haired 4-year-old quickly picked himself up off the ground.

" MIRA HURRY UP! THE SHOW IS GONNA START!"

" Mama told me not to get my new dress dirty! Plus, it's not my fault you wanted to stop and climb that tree to see if that was an apple tree." A little girl said as she carefully stepped out of the bushes, brushing off her dress and checking carefully to see if she had any leaves in her curly hair.

" It looked like an apple tree!" The boy reasoned as he took ahold of the girl's hand, dragging her down the hill.

The two ran through the empty streets of the town, their small feet moving quickly across the stone ground. Eventually, they ran into a clearing on the other side of town, where a circle of wooden bleachers was set up, circling a corral. Decorations hung from the wooden barriers as people cheered. The two children ran into the crowded bleachers, filled with sweaty people as a man walked into the middle of the small arena.

" Senorias and Seniors! Welcome to Los grandes jinetes de la familia Cortez!" He announced as everyone cheered. The small boy bumped into a tall teenager and the little girl bumped into him after.

" Camilo! Mirabel! Where have you been? You were supposed to meet me here 20 minutes ago!" She scolded. The curly-haired teen wore a red bow atop her head.

" Sorry Dolores, But you're the one who begged me and Mirabel to leave you alone so you could talk to that himbo Mariano." Camilo said as he made fake kissing sounds. Dolores's face burned red.

" STOP IT CAMILO!" She stomped her foot.

" Aye aye aye! There you are." Dolores's father, Felix, groaned as he pushed his way through the crowd. " Come on, the show is gonna start." He dragged the 3 kids to where the rest of their family sat.

The crowd watched as cowboys appeared on horses, circling the arena in a cloud of dust.

Oohs and Aahs filled the arena as the cowboys cleared away.

" Now may I introduce, the Charrerias!" The man announced as women on horses rode into the arena next, they wore colorful dresses and sombrero-like hats as they rode into a formation. Music started as the riders started doing tricks, everyone gasped.

" WOAHH!" Young Camilo and Mirabel said in wonder as they saw one woman stand atop her horse as it galloped, her lasso circled in the air as she stood on the horse, which galloped at a fast pace. The crowd cheered loudly.

" That's my mama!" A little girl who stood next to Camilo and Mirabel yelled, cheering.

The two cousins' heads slowly turned to the little girl sitting next to them, their faces showing shock.

"THAT'S YOUR MOM?" They said in unison. The h/c girl turned to face them, grinning. " Yeah!"

" She's so cool!"

" Can you do that stuff too?!"

" No, but one day I will!" She said as she put her hands on her hips with a determined gaze. She suddenly turned back towards them, sticking her hand out.

" I'm Y/n! Y/n Cortez'. My family runs los grandes jinetes de la familia Cortez. Mi papa says that I should always greet new people with a handshake since it's polite."