The Wait

" I have to go Y/n- Y/n?" The boy turned back to see that the windowsill was empty, but he could see a small girl-sized shadow running away from Casita.

" Don't forget me!" She said as her voice faded into the distance.

" I won't," The boy whispered to himself. " I will wait for you."

*************************************************************************************************************

Thus, Camilo Madrigal received his gift. The gift of shape-shifting. It would be years before he would ever see Y/n again.

The small boy was pushed into town by his Abuela, the boy looked to the tall adult people around him that walked around the village.

" Why are we here Abuela?"

His grandmother gave him a stern look. " The time for your tricks and pranks is over, Camilo. You must help this family, make us proud mijo." She said as she gently urged him to help a nearby villager.

Camilo looked back to the large expanse of villagers before him with a nervous look.

And so his training began.

" I'll be bold.

As well as strong.

And use my head~"

" One two three one two three one two three- OOF!" Camilo fell as he trained himself to dance in his and Y/n's old hideout. It was his only escape from his family.

" Alongside my heart.

So tame my flesh-

And fix my eyes."

The boy marched behind his family as they made their way into the village, he stopped as he saw one of his old friends and waved. " Hey Ignacio!"

" Camilo, March! We must not fall behind!" Abuela scolded as she pushed the boy along.

" A tethered mind-

Freed from the lies..."

A slightly taller Camilo hid in his hideout as he practiced guitar, the leaves of the trees fell as their color was orange.

" And I'll kneel down..

Wait for now..."

A now teenage Camilo stood with a straightened back as Abuela walked by, stopping to straighten the boy's ruana, which was crooked on his shoulders. He let out a breath as the old woman walked away.

" I'll kneel down-

Know my ground..."

Camilo danced behind the house as his best friend Ignacio played an accordion.

" 'Cause I will wait, I will wait for you!

And I will wait, I will wait for you!

I will wait, I will wait for you!-"

" I WILL NOT WAIT FOR YOU CAMILO!" Felix said as he grabbed the boy by his ear suddenly, dragging him off.

" Papa I was on my way!" Camilo argued as he waved goodbye to Ignacio hurriedly.

" I know I know but Abuela said to not be late for this! She said some old friends were back in the Encanto and that we should be there to greet them. And she meant all of us." His father said as he gave a pointed look to the boy.