The Great Escape

Isabella's yelp echoed all around Iris. "NO! ISABELLA!" Iris soared towards where she lay on the carpeted floor. Right before Iris could reach Isabella, the metal bars of a cage dropped right in front of her. She was trapped. Iris looked up towards her captor.

"Just remember that it might be tiring, but the reward of having and caring for these little creatures is definitely worth it." Iris looked back towards Isabella. Weird light grey particles drifted up from the arrow in Isabella's body.

Iris's eyes darted open, and she sat up. It was dark all around her except for a few bright blue lights. "CADET, I SWEAR IF IRIS IS DEAD I'M GOING TO -" Iris heard Blizzard stop Capri from continuing her sentence.

"IRIS! IRIS, ARE YOU OKAY?!" Cadet yelled worriedly. He wrapped his arms around her. Iris didn't react at first. She gently pushed Cadet off her and floated up into the air to see where she was.

They were in a tiny room made entirely of cobblestone, the door was made of iron, and there was a small barred window in one of the walls. On the ground was a couple of 'beds' made from squares of brown carpet.

"What's going on, Princess?" One of the other Allays asked as she approached Iris. "I'm not sure yet." Iris said, shifting her focus entirely on the barred window. She floated up to it and looked around. All she saw was more cobblestone cells.

"IRIS! You're okay!" Iris saw Capri looking out the barred window of an adjacent cell. "So are you. Good." Iris replied. "Do you remember what happened?" Blizzard asked, appearing next to Capri. Iris glanced away. Blizzard and Capri looked at each other worriedly.

"I'm back!" Iris saw a small version of their captors happily run into the room.

"Did you get the key?" Capri asked the small creature as it approached her cell. It nodded happily and placed a lever against a different stone block next to the cells iron door. It flicked the lever down, and the iron door flung open. Capri and Blizzard flew out of the door and over to where Iris was.

The creature grabbed the lever and opened the other two cells. When he opened Iris's cell, she flew out, and Blizzard and Capri immediately hugged her. Iris hugged them back.

"How did you?" Capri smiled proudly. "Thanks for helping us, Johnny!" Blizzard said, floating up to the creature that freed them. "Did you get a beetroot?" Johnny nodded excitedly before handing Capri a beetroot. "Good job! We'll bring plenty of beetroots back for Cujo." Capri continued. Johnny bounced around excitedly. Iris smiled at her friends.

"Follow me! I'll show you the way out!" Johnny started walking backwards. Iris nodded to her friends. "C'mon! Let's get out of here!" Capri said loudly to the other Allays. Blizzard, Capri, and Iris all followed behind Johnny as the other Allays followed behind them.

"The entrance is just around this corner!" Johnny said, pointing. "We're almost there, guys!" Iris said to the Allays following behind them. That's when she saw a bigger version of Johnny. They had a crossbow aimed at the group.

"Watch out!" Iris shrieked as she grabbed Cadet's hand and yanked him out of the arrows path right before it hit. The arrow planted into the wall up ahead.

"Iris, you-" Iris yanked Cadet forward. "Hurry! We have to get out!" She shouted to the others. They all hurried down the hallway. When they turned the corner and saw an opening that lead outside. They also saw a group of the bigger creatures.

"Stop them!" The one behind the group shouted.

Iris felt panicked as the group in front of them turned and saw them. She used all the strength she had and soared through the doorway as fast as she could, narrowly escaping the advancing group. She knew that it wasn't over yet.

She stopped and looked back to see who had made it. All of the Allays had made it. Iris noticed Johnny had stopped on the cobblestone porch. The creature they had encountered first had a firm grip on his arm. There wasn't anytime to think before the group had their crossbows aimed at the Allay group.

"Keep going!" Iris said. The group quickly followed Iris over the thick treetops.

"Wise kid you got there, Penny." One of the pillagers said to the other as the Allays disappeared into the sky. Penny glared down at Johnny who was looking away to avoid his mother's piercing gaze.