Admit

I stumbled into the tent, falling to my knees, barely able to breathe.

"Ruq? What time is it?" Jamila asked groggily, switching on a tiny light hanging from the tent's canopy. She was suddenly sitting up, staring at me with concern as I moved further in, my limbs moving like they were made of jelly. "What's wrong, Ruq?"

"Help... please," I managed to get out, inky black melancholy coating my tongue as I spoke the words.

Everything that had happened with Hadley minutes ago was still playing in my mind alongside the excruciating pain, doubling up the agony.

"What's happening to you? What's wrong?" Jamila helped me further into the tent.

"Blood! I need blood," I said, a little too desperately for my liking, but it couldn't be helped. I could still feel the poisoned blood slinking along my veins, killing me slowly from the inside. Like dead blood, but so, so much worse.

Jamila didn't hesitate. She pushed her long, wavy hair back and tilted her head to the side.

"Take whatever you need," she said.

I didn't need a second invitation.

The taste of her blood hit me like a sledgehammer to the face. Once again, I thought about how this was the reason all the blood from Lujeo's Barns was a premium product. I'd drank a few plastic bags of golden blood over the years and tasted the sample from the cup that Jamila had offered but blood lost a little of its life when taken from the body. That was why drinking it from the vein was something else altogether. Something special. Not to mention the fact that it was Jamila. Everything about her was wholesome and authentic and that flowed through her blood. I had lived several lifetimes, and it still floored me that anyone like this could exist in a world that I was also a part of.

I'm not exactly sure how it happened.

One minute I was feeding, the next, we were tearing each other's clothes off with fervent need and kissing with the same frantic craving. I held on to her tightly as my desire became so intense that the emotion was lost in its vastness. For that moment, we were suspended in time, devouring each other's lust with a hunger that knew no repletion. Without breaking the kiss, I tore off her sleeping shirt, reached my hand into her soft silky hair, and tugged at it, only then pulling away then pulling her head back to expose more of her neck.

I kissed down her throat, stopping once to sink my fangs in and pull a long draught, letting myself disappear into the quiet power that her blood held over me. She moaned in response, the sound reverberating through her throat and doing wonderful things to my ego. I pulled out my fangs, licked the bite closed and continued travelling down her throat, leaving kisses behind.

We lay down on her bedroll and I took a moment to admire the woman in my arms. She was stunningly beautiful, with a body that demanded proper worship and admiration. But a moment was all I could afford without risking spontaneous combustion from the fire burning through me. I dipped my head onto her chest and continued ravishing her with kisses, stopping once to bite her left breast and enjoying her gasp of surprise and guttural moan.

It wasn't long before I'd had made my way down her torso. I pulled at her sleeping shorts, and she helped me shimmy them off. Her underwear came off after, amid a flurry of kisses and little nips. I kissed her inner thigh then sank my fangs in once more. She bucked her hips, begging for more.

I obliged, licking closed the two pinpricks I'd left behind, parting her lips and placing a soft kiss on her bundle of pleasurable nerves. A cascade of shivers ran up her body. I kept at it to elicit the same response all over again. Before long, I had pushed her over the edge in spectacular fashion. Still coming down from the orgasm, she relaxed her arched back as she caught her breath and kissed me deeply when I'd made my way back up to the pillow.