Chapter 7 - Only 5 Days

9:32 PM, Friday.

I slowly walked downstairs. I wanted to change Mom and Dad's mind. Popsicle told me he didn't want to go to Shangri-La, and I betrayed him...

I cringed at the sound of the creaking floorboards. I turned my hands into fists, closed my eyes, took a deep breath, and walked downstairs with pride.

As I opened the door, my confidence sank. Mom looked at me with a questioning look as Dad stood up and came over to me.

"Tori, what are you doing here? It's been about an hour-and-a-half since your bedtime!" said Dad angrily, taking a quick glance at our digital clock.

"... Dad... I.. I thought this would be the good time to talk about..." I said, biting my lip.

Mom stood up, came over to me and hugged me.

"Sweetie... You're just going to have to get over Popsicle." said Mom.

9:35 PM

"Mom! Can't Popsicle just visit for a few days? Like.... Like a sleepover?" I asked, happily.

Mom looked at Dad like they were contacting each other through their minds.

After a minute of whispering and exchanging glances, Dad gave in.

"Okay, honey. Since it's the weekend, we'll go fetch him for a night." said Dad, sighing.

"Maybe... Since I'm never going to see him again, can he stay for about...5 days?" I asked.

Dad looked at Mom, then she smiled and nodded.

"He can stay?" I asked, excitedly.

Mom nodded. "Yes, of course!"

9:38 PM

I hugged Mom and Dad, after agreeing that I'll be behave.

So... Popsicle, tomorrow, will be back!