The Beginning

*3RD Person*

  A red haired man sits with a Stoutland curled around his feet, he was reading a book when his reading was interrupted by something falling in the portal room. He immediately gets to his feet and runs to said room with his partner at his heels. He opens the door and his sight lands on a no longer activated portal then on a kid unconscious on the floor.

    He runs to the kids side and picks up carefully, the kid was so small and malnourished. He holds the kid in one arm and with the other he sends out his Abra. The Abra, with one glance at the child in his arms, teleports away.

Dear Origin, the catalyst is a kid, a child...

   He brings the kid to an extra room and sets him on the bed. Lightning strikes outside and he watches as the kid subconsciously flinches. A frown appears on his face. He hurries down stairs to meet face to face with the Red Leader.

 "Leader." He acknowledges the other.

 "The catalyst, where is it?" The Leader asks.

   "Leader.... The catalyst is a child." The man says as he watches a frown appear on the Leader's face, "A small, malnourished child..."

 The Leader sighs, "Yet the child is still the catalyst..."

 "I am not harming a-" The man begins.

  "Neither will I. If the child stays here, so close to where it lies, that just rings catastrophe. I will take the child to the Village, away from the catacombs..." The Leader explains.

   A bark echoes from upstairs where the Stoutland stood watching them from the top. The two Red Steves look at each other before rushing up the stairs to the room where the child was.

   The two enter the room to see the child looking around. The child looks over at them and tilts his head, he blinks. The Red Leader crouches down, "Hello little one... You are safe," The Leader says before looking up at the other, "How old do you believe he is?"

   "Four or Three, possibly older by how malnourished he is." The other says.

    The Leader hums before bringing his attention back to the kid. He holds out a hand to the small child. The child steps forward a little before taking the Leader's hand. The Leader stands up fully before pulling the child up into his arms.

   The Leader held the child so carefully that the other had to hold back from chuckling. The Leader constantly says that he isn't soft but time and time again he is proven wrong. "Alright Little One, cover your ears." The child nods and covers his ears, the Leader looks at the other and nods before lightning strikes. When the lightning stops both are long gone.

*Ruby (Red Leader)*

    The kid moves his hands away from his ears and looks around the village. Some of my people stop what they're doing to glance at the child in my arms, but they immediately go back to doing what they were originally doing. The Pokemon however wandered closer, fascinated by the child.

   I walk to my house and go in, I set the kid down on the floor... I glance down at the child, he needs food, badly. "Come along." I tell the child. I walk towards the kitchen, the little one walking right beside me.

   I lean down and gently lift him up onto the table, he sits there and looks at me. Hmm. I turn away and go through the cabinets, I pull out an apple. I turn to him and see him still sitting on the table. Good.

   "Here Eat." I hand him the apple. He takes the apple and stares at it before looking at me. "It's food. It's safe to eat..." I explain. What happened to the kid to make him so nervous to eat the apple.

   My Delphox lets himself out his pokeball and goes closer to the child. The child looks up at Delphox in fascination and curiosity. Delphox uses his psychic to float an apple to him before taking a bite out of it, the child watches before biting into the apple that he has.

   The floor explodes and I immediately take the child into my arms, Delphox in front of me ready to fight. I calm down a little when the professor peeks his head up. Delphox lowers his defense and I feel the child shake.

   "Ah, My dear friend! You are back!" The professor gets out of the hole and dusts himself off before freezing and slowly looking at the kid, "Oh, what is that?" He walks closer and I throw a quick glance to Delphox.

  "Calm yourself Goggles." I tell him, he grumbles but backs up. Today appears to be a calm day for him. That's good. "This is the catalyst." He looks at the child before lowering his goggles.

 "Er? Do you not know his name?" He asks me and I tense up. "Of course you don't." Delphox laughs at me and I glare at the fox. "Hey kid! You got a name?"

  The child looks at him and nods. The professor grins, "Can you tell us?" He asks.

  "Sabre..." The kid's voice was like a whisper, it was hoarse from being unused.

  "Alright, I'm Professor Red but you can call me Goggles or whatever you'd like. The guy who is holding you is Ruby the Red Leader." He tells Sabre, both smiling at each other.

  Sabre looks at Delphox and points. "What's that?" Sabre asks the Professor.

  "That is a Delphox, Delphox's are part of a species of creatures known as Pokemon." That's when he takes the child from me. "I can explain more about other pokemon!"

  "Professor!" I shout as he hops down the hole with Sabre in his arms. "Come back here!" I hop down the hole as well, running after the Professor.