5IVE

"So, remind me who this Damon is again?" Nora asks, sitting on her bed.

"He's a childhood friend." I say, stuffing some clothes into a bag.

"That's it?"

I shove one last shirt into my bag and zip it up, "Basically."

"And how does hubby feel about this?" She cocks her head to the side.

"Hubby?" I look at her, confused.

"Lucas?"

"Fine, I assume."

"You haven't told him?" She says, unbelievably.

"He was there when the plans was made so he technically already knows." I state in my defense.

"Girl, tell yo man you going out of town for the weekend." She says, shaking her head.

"First of all, he's not officially my man. Secondly, I'll remind him." I say, putting extra emphasis on 'remind'. I then grab my phone and click his contact name, calling him.

"Hey." He says from the other side of the phone, sounding like he just had woken up.

"Hey. We're you sleep? If so, I didn't mean to wake you. My bad."

"Yeah no, I was taking a nap. It's okay, though. What's up?" He says with a grunt, sounding like he was sitting up.

"Nothing. You remember when I ran into Damon at the drive-in movie thingy?"

"Yeah. Why?" He says, sounding more awake and alert.

"Do you also happen to remember that me and him are going to see my dad this weekend?" I ask, fiddling with a piece of my hair.

"Now that you mention it, yeah. I kinda forgot up until now. You leaving today?" He asks, sounding a little disheartened.

"Yeah, in a few hours or so."

"Oh ok. Well, I hope you have fun. You know, enjoy yourself and such."

"Thanks. So, everything's cool?"

Sounding genuinely confused, he says, "Yeah. Why wouldn't it be?"

"No reason. I'll text or call when we make it there."

"Call, please. Just so I can hear your voice." He says sweetly.

"Ok." I said, smiling so hard i'm pretty sure he could hear it.

"See," I say, looking back at Nora once the call is over.

"Mm-hmm." She hums, rolling her eyes.

- - ✥ - -

new chapter!!!

my apologies for taking a 200 years

u miss me?

this was rushed and made within 20-40
minutes, but atleast it's something

imma still say imma try to write and publish more frequently cause best believe i am trying but im not promising that it's gonna happen <3

words: 406