ELEVEN

James

"James!." Hannah called but I just kept waking. I just wanted to get away from all this and be left alone, I don't want to be reminded or haunted by my past.

"James!." Hannah finally caught up to me. "Listen you don't have to feel bad or embarrassed about that."

"I just made a complete fool out of myself in front of the whole school." I said rubbing my face.

"No you didn't." Hannah held my hand, I shiver as our skin connect. "You stood up for me, you though he was bullying and you stood up for me cuz that's what friends do."

Hannah was right, since Becky's death I have always been against bully cuz the same hatred I felt towards Sam for bullying and making Becky feel bad, I felt that same hatred for any bully.

I nodded. "I guess you are right."

"Of course I'm, although I really wished you had kicked Ryan's ass, he can be a jerk sometimes." Hannah laughed.

I smiled. "I need to see the principal." I told her still feeling a little embarrassed about what happened earlier.

"Yes sure you should, we will see after class I'm sure you got a lot of questions for me."

As soon as she said that, I remembered the old house. "Yes sure a lot of questions actually so we will catch up later."

"Alright later." She said and walk down the corridor.

Hannah is a very nice and sweet girl and I can't help but admire her but I can't get into anything serious just yet cuz I still haven't gotten over Becky's death.

"Good morning Mrs Adebanjo." I greeted as I entered the principal's office.

"Oh Mr Adetunji right?." She said dropping her mug.

"Yes ma."

"Have a seat."

I sat down hoping to get over with this. "Will have to give you sheets for this semester and also those extra curricular activities that you should definately take part in and this is your timetable, I have a student who would give you a tour round the school and it's none other than your new neighbor Hannah Shubomi."

Thank God Hannah is the one that's going to be my tour guide round the school cuz I don't think I can handle it if it's another student.

"Thanks ma." I got up ready to leave.

"Be a good student James." The principal said as I walk out of her office.

I wasn't planning to

"Chemistry." I groaned looking at the map to get to class but it's kinda confusing.

"Need help with that?." Someone said from  behind me and I turn around to see a girl with very short hair a long face and eyes that look soo tired, she was wearing the kind of boots you see bad boys wear in movies.

"Yeah yeah please, I'm actually heading to Chem class but as the new student that I'm, I don't know where it's and how to navigate this damn map." I said.

She chuckled. "Had that same problem when I got here, come I'm also having Chemistry."

"Oh nice thanks, I'm James by the way."

"Arike is the name and I'm the quite and dangerous type of girls because I don't like people, I'm antisocial but I just saw u look like a lost puppy and decided to help out."

"Quite understandable Arike." I nodded.

The small walk to Chem class was in silence as Arike hummed to herself.

As soon as we entered the class all attention turn to us and we were actually late cuz the teacher was already showing the students some chemical equipments used in the lab.

"You are late to class again Ms Bamgbose." The teacher said referring to Arike.

"Something came up at home Mrs Smith that's why." Arike with a bored expression before going to sit down not even waiting for the teacher's reply.

Mrs Smith eyes landed on me and she smile. "You must be the new student."

"Yes I'm James...."

"Wait." She cut me short. "You will have to introduce yourself to the class."

I hate this

I cleared my throat. "Good day class, my name is James Adebanjo and I just got to town, hoping we can all get along."

"That's great Mr Adebanjo, you can go take your sit." Mrs Smith said and I was happy because I couldn't just help the eyes all glued on me.

I sat down and try to focus on what the teacher was teaching but two dumb students behind kept talking clearly about me.

"Isn't this the student that wants to kick Ryan's ass earlier." Said dumbass 1.

Dumbass 2 chuckled. "Yeah and it's because of Hannah, maybe he's the new boyfriend."

I took a deep breath.

Okay James just block whatever they say out of your mind and don't let them get on your nerves.

But they kept talking.

"He sure is....."

"Can you shut up please!!! You are disturbing a learning environment." I said angrily not bothered about the other student staring at me.

"Is there a problem Mr. Adebanjo?." Mrs Smith asked.

"No it's already handled ma'am." I said with a smile.

My eyes landed on Arike who mouthed "Badass" with a smirk.

I smiled back and focus back to the teacher.

AUTHOR'S NOTE
What's your take on this chapter??
Sorry I wasn't able to update in a while
Was busy with some stuff and also school (mostly school)
James sure acted like a Badass in this Chap 😁
Vote and Comment
Also Share❤️

#lesky