SIXTEEN

James

School was as usual boring and stressful. And I was more than glad when the bell rang.

Finally free from this hell-hole today

Just then my phone buzzed and I looked at it to see a message from Hannah.

Had to leave school early to get my mum and Felicia at the airport...

I smile and texted back.

Alright, glad to have them back. Missed Felicia though 😁

Lock my phone and started walking to my car, I'm definitely going to skip my appointment with the therapist today because I'm soo tired and the last thing I want is to go sit down and listen to some lectures about how my life will go smoothly.

As I got to my car and was about to get in, I felt movement behind me but when I turned there was nobody there.

Weird

Then I turn the key in the ignition, the car roraed to life, wheezed and died slowly.

Oh please not now

I started the car again but it won't budge and I grunted in frustration getting out of the car.
Mum always complain of getting this car sold and I get why now.

Well I got no choice than to walk home which is blocks away.
I would have called my mum to come pick me up but I don't want to be a bother and besides she's at work.

Well... Time to trek home.

I adjusted my backpack and started walking home but then I stopped when I heard my name.

"Yo Jamie boy!!." I know that voice too well.

I turn around to see Peter and Ade giving me murderous look as they slowly walk towards me.

"Hey guys." I smile waving at them.

"We are here to get even." Peter said. "You don't think we are going to let you get away after what you did."

I gulp, yeah Arike sure told me these two would want to get even and I'm not afraid of them but it's good to play safe.

"And we plan on giving you a mark for messing with us." Ade smiled mischievously pulling out a small knife.

Geez

"Okay listen guys, we can actually talk this out." I said moving back slowly.

"No Jamie, there's no talking sh#t out. We need to teach you a lesson for messing with us." Ade said pointing the knife at me and moving towards me slowly as I back away slowly and steadily my eyes on the knife.

It happened soo quickly and I didn't even have time to process, Ade made to attack me but he yelled and fell on the floor holding his blood stained temple.

"James Run!!!." I was still dazed at the sudden impact but quickly regain myself as Peter made to attack me.

I ran towards Arike who hit Ade with a brick. "Follow me!!." She led the way and I follow her as we heard Ade and Peter screaming behind us.

"Wow, that was a good shot." I said to Arike as we both stop to catch our breath.
We already lost Peter and Ade who were chasing us. "Now they are definitely going to kill us." I laughed. "Thanks."

She roll her eyes. "I didn't do it to help you, I hate those two." Arike said.

"Oh yeah." I laughed.

"Well let's go meet the others."

"The others?." I was surprised.

"There's this spot I do usually hang out with my friends, was coming over when I saw ur ass about to be roasted."

"Will it be okay if I join in." I ask hesitantly.

"Of course they don't bite."

Arike and I started walking over to meet her soo called friends. But as we get closer the place grows familiar like I have been here before.

"And this is our spot." Arike pointed out and I gasp in shock. "What?." She stare at my horrific expression.

"Th.. the old house is your spot?.." I stuttered.

"Yeah, why do you look shock?."

"I thought the old house is haunted."

She shook her head. "What things did they tell you about the old house?."

"Apart from what they told me, something happened when I first came here." I said and Arike expression change, she had a serious face.

"What happened?." She said curiosity dripping from her tone.

"I don't know how it happened but the first day I passed in front of this old house a big wind started blowing and I heard the voice of my girlfriend who died earlier this month and it came from this house, I just don't know how but I know it came from this house.

Arike gasp. "It's trying to tell you something." She muttered inaudibly but James heard.

"Yeah I thought the same." James said.

"Alright come on in." Arike said walking into the old house but stopped when she saw I wasn't following her.

She came up to me and held my hands. "I know it's too early to say this but just trust me, nothing is going to happen to you in there."

I stare at our intertwined hands and then at her face. "Alright." I nodded.

And for the first time since I got into this town, I entered into the old house.
I just hope I don't regret this.

Author's Note: I will always thank you for adding TOH to your reading interest....
Keep the comments rolling and votes.. it means alot
And what do you think of this chap..
Merry Christmas and A happy New Year in advance....
Christmas is always fun with friends and family ❤️❤️❤️😁...
Next chapter will drop this Friday

#Lesky