0.1

— ⌖ —

CORDELIA LOCKWOOD'S heart was pounding as she walked through the doors of the hospital

CORDELIA LOCKWOOD'S heart was pounding as she walked through the doors of the hospital. She had a sick feeling in the pit of her stomach, knowing that her mother had been in the hospital for days. When she saw her mother, huddled in a chair and crying, her heart sank even lower.

"Mom," Cordelia said softly, kneeling down beside her mother and taking her hands in hers. "What happened?"

Carol Lockwood looked up at her daughter, her eyes red and swollen. She shook her head, unable to find the words to express her pain.

Cordelia hugged her mother tightly, feeling the sobs that wracked her mother's body. She tried to be strong for her, but the sight of her mother crying was too much for her to handle. "Mom, you're freaking me out," she said, pushing her mother away gently. "What happened?"

Carol shook her head, the tears still flowing down her cheeks. "dad?" she said finally, her voice breaking. "He's...he's gone."

Cordelia felt her knees give way beneath her, and she sank down onto the ground, her face buried in her hands.

She looked up at her mother, the tears streaming down her face. "No, no," she said, shaking her head. "It can't be true."

But it was. Cordelia's world had been shattered in an instant, and she didn't know how she was going to put it back together again. She stumbled outside, fumbling in her bag for a cigarette. She needed something to calm her nerves, something to make her feel better. But when she found the cigarette, she couldn't bring herself to light it. Instead, she wrapped her arms around herself, shivering in the cold. She could feel the tears streaming down her face, but she didn't care. Nothing mattered anymore, all she could think about was..

Cordelia had always had a sweet relationship with her father, the beloved mayor of their small town. Despite his occasional bouts of drunkenness and violence towards others, he never once directed any harm towards her.

That all changed one fateful night, when her father had too much to drink and unleashed his anger on her mother. Cordelia and her brother were devastated to witness such a violent outburst, and they knew they needed to take action.

Tyler, her hot-headed twin brother, spoke out of turn and received a punch from their father in return. Cordelia couldn't stand idly by any longer and engaged in a heated argument with her father, one that would ultimately lead to her leaving home.

A week passed, and Cordelia couldn't shake the memory of that awful night from her mind. She knew she couldn't continue living in such an environment, so she made the difficult decision to transfer to a boarding school during her sophomore year.

Though it was hard to leave her hometown and her father behind, Cordelia knew she needed to focus on her education and distance herself from the toxic situation at home. It was a painful journey, but it was also a liberating one - one that taught her the importance of standing up for what's right, even if it means walking away from those we love.

— ⌖ —

Just a simple introduction to why delia left and all :)