South of Heaven

Mmmm, quick little A/N. These titles mostly r gonna be named after songs! I'll do a quick A/N at the start of each stating the song title + who it's by. In this case we have South of Heaven by Slayer (LOVE THEM!!! NU METAL FOR LIFEEE! LITERALLY SEEING DISTURBED IN CONCERT IN AUGUST 2023!!)

-----------------------------------------------------------

His lilac eyes flutter in the bright, white lighting that sits above him. 

"Oh! Seems you woke up early." The doctor exclaimed. 

Melone's breath hitched. 'Woke up...? But...the mission..?' 

He rubbed his head and eyes before sitting up a bit.

"Ah, be careful. You suffered a nasty cut on your side. You might tear the stitches if you move too rapidly." 

Melone's eyes widened. His legs felt a bit numb and the lights seemed a bit bright. He touched his face before realizing his mask was gone. 'shit!' 

His mind raced. He didn't want anyone to see him without his mask. It was definitely an insecurity, but he saw it more as a flaw. His left eye had a white film over it, along with that he had heterochromia. With it being covered by the thin, purple mask he wore daily, it just became a comfort. He wasn't used to not wearing it. 

A quick knock on the door sounded, along with a turn of the doorknob. Ghiaccio and Risotto walked into the room. Risottos tall, black platforms clacking against the tiled hospital floor.

Melone scurried to cover his left eye and looked at Ghiaccio with his right. Ghiaccio's brow was raised as he wondered why Melone did so. He had never seen Melone without the mask, neither had Risotto. 

"How're you feelin'?" Risotto's eyes landed on Melone's tired face, or rather tired eye. 

"I'm...fine." Melone gaze revert to Ghiaccio and then back to his own lap. His mind raced as he felt Ghiaccio's eyes on him. Risotto cleared his throat.

"Well, we'll be going. You need time to rest. You'll be discharged later today." Risotto nodded at Ghiaccio and left the room, leaving the two men alone. 

"So...what happened?" Ghiaccio referred to the bandaged gash in Melone's side.

"I...I don't exactly remember..."

Melone memory + POV:

I walked out of my dirty van and onto the cracked sidewalk. As soon as my foot touched the alleyway I was meant to hide in, a pungent stench filled my nose. A sort of....fog...surrounded my figure. The stench became much stronger, as I turned around to see a man- about my height- standing in front of me. He had a blonde and green mohawk, along with ripped leather pants and a leather jacket. He wore a torn up Korn shirt, too.

"Ah, a La Squadra member! They never told me which team I'd be cutting off~." His baritone, smooth voice raided Melone's eardrums. He took a step back and looked around him. 'No escape...shit'

"Quit it." Melone replied, eyes cold as stone.

"Aww, loosen up, hottie! Hey, why don't I spare you and you come with me? I can show you some fun.~"

"Who sent you." Melone got into a fighting stance. 

The man stepped closer when Melone stepped back. At one point, the man was just taking large strides to stay within a reasonable distance of Melone. His back hit the brick wall. 'Fucking shit.'

Next thing he knew he was fist fighting this man, along with a couple kicks and elbows. Melone's lip was busted, and the man suffered a nasty nose bleed. Before he could throw a winning punch, a knife was lodged in his side. A kick was thrown towards his head, but he- luckily and surprisingly- dodged. 

The dagger bobbed as he dodged, only lodging deeper. Melone hissed in pain as he realized he was just losing more blood trying to defend himself. He was able to land a winning blow at the man, knocking him out, before passing out himself. 

End of memory

"Well...it's okay that you don't remember." Ghiaccio's once rough and loud voice had turned quiet as he talked to Melone.

"Thanks."

They both paused, feeling that same tension fill the room.

Ghiaccio turned around and placed his hand on the door knob,

"I...have to go back to Risotto. I'll see you later, Melone." He quickly left, shutting the door behind him.

So there Melone was. Alone. In a much too brightly lit hospital room, with a large gash in his side, along with a hand over the eye he felt so utterly uncomfortable with.

And he didn't like it.

A/N:

Yeah IK I did an A/N at the start, too, but short chapter for #1. How we feeling? Any improvements I can make? I have the story planned ahead so I don't get writers block! tehehe! also probably a slowburn.