Falling Away From Me

Falling Away From Me - KoЯn

------------------------------

Melone's new crutches were pointed under his arms in an unruly manner. He just quit caring. Whoever looked at him looked at him with pity in their eyes. He knew he got hurt. He knew he wouldn't let it happen again. But they're a hitman team. He's meant to bounce back. He's meant to keep standing while a knife is lodged into his very side. For fucks sake, Ghiaccio wouldn't even talk to him. Prosciutto didn't allow Melone's name to escape his very lips. Even worse, he felt pity for himself. He knew he could stand up. He knew he could just keep fighting. But instead, he's sitting in the base he and his team live sitting outside of Ghiaccio's door, with crutches beneath him. He felt weak. He felt like there was none to gain. Sure, Formaggio understood and was willing to look at him and tell him it's okay, but there was a different truth behind his green eyes. Melone felt like all were disappointed. Disappointed by his failure.

Melone knocked on Ghiaccio's wooden door. As soon as the man behind opened the door and recognized the lilac-haired man's face, his nose faced the floor.

'He can't even bare to look at me..'

Melone's heart raced.

"Hi...Ghia." He looked at Ghiaccio, trying to get him to face him but seemingly couldn't, "Can I come in..?"

Ghiaccio hesitated a bit, but nodded and allowed the boy in. He shut the door behind him, as well.

As soon as the door was shut, Melone's face contorted into a look of worry and confusion.

"Why...Why are you avoiding me...?"

Ghiaccio's eyebrows furrowed.

"What are you talking about?" His tone sounded angry- almost desperate for Melone to believe him.

"I- I don't-"

"You always assume the worst of me, I swear! You just- I- Ugh!"

Ghiaccio stormed across the room and sat on his bed aggressively.

"I don't, Ghiaccio! that's the problem!"