36- Purple

They were currently going through the pet store and at this point they had to get a shopping cart for all of the things Lilliana had gotten.

She'd gotten him a light purple and light blue harness, doggy shoes "incase the ground was too hot for his paws," five outfits, a water bowl and two food bowls, a soft brush even though he didn't have much for, six chew toys, and a tooth brush for him.

They watched as she saw something else on the shelf which made her eyes light up.

"Lilly baby, we still haven't gotten his collar" Luther said as he pushed the cart behind her.

She gasped and spun around before quickly turning the corner, "I'll be right back"

Alexander and Luther both made eye contact before laughing, "what have we gotten into"

Lilliana returned with a light purple collar decorated with blue dinosaurs. She nibbled on her lip as she held the item out, "do you think he'll like this?"

Alexander took it from her and placed it in the cart, "well uh the only thing I can see with it, is that he's a boy and it's mostly purple"

Lillianas face scrunched up as he said this, "boys can't wear purple or something, is that what you're saying Alexander"

His eyes widened at his very own ignorance and he quickly corrected himself, "Im sorry Angel, I shouldn't have said something so dumb, I believe that he will love it especially the dinosaurs"

She smiled and kissed his cheek as she whispered in his ear, "don't let it happen again"

He nodded and kissed her temple, "I promise"

Luther's jaw was half way to the floor, it was rare that Lilliana ever raised her voice especially at them but granted it was for good reason.

He knew well how she felt about the topic of men not being able to wear feminine colors, it was one of the many standards she was disgusted by.

He also came to notice how she communicated. That was one of her things from before, she wasn't very good at communicating about how she felt about something.

However, she did it then with no hesitation and that was clearly progress.

She followed up beside Luther to the check out at the counter. "Good job baby"

She smiled up and at him "for what?"

"Communicating how you felt back there"
She smiled to herself and nodded.

"I should go to therapy tomorrow" she stated

Luther nodded, "I think that's a great idea, I'll take you"

"We still have to go get his food" Alexander said as he wrapped his arms around Lillianas waist.

She relaxed into his touch until it was time to get the bags Luther had filled so they could go to the car.

Lilliana pulled Alexander into the back of the car with her, not ready for his touch to leave her skin.

She sat with her one leg thrown across his lap and her head on his shoulder.

The grocery store was almost a 30 minute drive from where they were and Alexander had plans.

His hand slowly crept across Lillianas waist until it was at the top of her pajama pants.

"Is this okay Angel" he whispered into her ear

She grabbed onto his wrist and slowly brought it into her pants. Her doe eyes stared into his as she nodded, bitting her lip in the process.