𝗶𝗻 𝘁𝗵𝗲 𝗵𝗼𝘂𝘀𝗲 𝗼𝗳 𝗳𝗹𝗶𝗲𝘀

Y/N'S POV

TW: implications of SAWord Count: 1

Word Count: 1.2k

Everyone has secrets. Some big, some small, and some in between. With secrets comes lies and with lies comes facades.

You have a facade to uphold, the infamous anti hero, Black Cat.

Being an employee for Alchemax for 11 years has its perks when it comes to these kinds of things. An internship was the gateway. You soon were very accustomed to the ways of Alchemax, your assets making you very valuable to Alchemax.

You weren't always Black Cat. Working for Alchemax brought out something in you, literally. Something that appeased a deep thirst within you.

The power you hold over men.

As you make your way towards Mike's office, you feel multiple sets of eyes on your figure. You don't blame them after all, the deprived freaks they are. Being a fairly attractive woman happened to be one of your assets yet a liability.

In a workspace that's mainly male populated especially the science field, there's sexist challenges for any woman. You're flooded with the memories of your days of being on coffee duty and cleaning behind the experiments made by fellow male peers when you enter Mike's office. You knew exactly how this is going to go.

"Ah Y/N, welcome! Give me a moment to set up, make yourself comfortable." he greets you with a smile. You shake his hand and find yourself seated in the chair in front of his desk. You sit up, legs crossed, twirling the two strands of hair left out of your ponytail and fix your glasses.

Years of work, hard work at that. As a black woman, the chance to slip up was never in question. So when your coworkers would screw around doing anything but work, bathing in privilege, you were staying back late at work, taking notes, and experimenting hypotheses. You had your years of work to thank for your position at Alchemax now.

"As you know, you are the most seasoned employee here in the field of research considering your various attributes to the team. We need your help more than ever now. If possible, could you concoct up some more alleles tonight; the company is depending on you."

Alleles. In simplistic words an allele is a specific form of a gene. Their purpose is the variety of ways a gene can be expressed. Genes determine hair color for example but an allele determines whether it can be black or brown.

Alleles are very important to Alchemax.

"Thank you for your kind words. I'd be happy to further help the company." You smile, prepared to take your leave.